Articles on this Page
- 05/10/15--21:51: _How do I reinstall ...
- 05/11/15--00:06: _I reinstalled Windo...
- 05/11/15--16:55: _New Win7 install ha...
- 05/11/15--17:48: _Need iso file for r...
- 05/11/15--19:12: _Update win7 boot.wi...
- 05/12/15--23:29: _cannot install Win ...
- 05/13/15--07:01: _Using different OS,...
- 05/13/15--07:43: _Format windows 7 bi...
- 05/13/15--10:57: _Trying to Install W...
- 05/13/15--18:37: _Windows 7 Pro Log o...
- 05/14/15--06:57: _How to change Syste...
- 05/14/15--11:55: _Upgrading to Window...
- 05/14/15--18:54: _PE maker
- 05/15/15--19:16: _Solved W7: How to M...
- 05/16/15--09:56: _Can Windows 7 Ultim...
- 05/16/15--22:09: _Solved Creating Boo...
- 05/17/15--03:17: _Can't boot from new...
- 05/17/15--08:52: _Failed to boot Wind...
- 05/17/15--16:12: _Corrupted OEM Parti...
- 05/17/15--19:39: _Constant Freezing A...
- 05/10/15--21:51: How do I reinstall windows 7 on a volume-licensed machine?
- 05/11/15--00:06: I reinstalled Windows 7 from the DVD, having problems
- 05/11/15--16:55: New Win7 install hangs at initial logo
- 05/11/15--17:48: Need iso file for re-image
- 05/11/15--19:12: Update win7 boot.wim and winre.wim
- 05/12/15--23:29: cannot install Win 7 prof ! ! !
- 05/13/15--07:01: Using different OS, then restoring Win 7?
- 05/13/15--07:43: Format windows 7 bios config?.
- 05/13/15--10:57: Trying to Install Windows 7, Laptop Reboots
- 05/13/15--18:37: Windows 7 Pro Log on missing
- 05/14/15--06:57: How to change System and Active HDD
- 05/14/15--11:55: Upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1
- 05/14/15--18:54: PE maker
- 05/16/15--09:56: Can Windows 7 Ultimate be installed over Windows 7 Professional?
- 05/17/15--03:17: Can't boot from new SSD unless old HDD is plugged in
- 05/17/15--08:52: Failed to boot Windows 7. PC hangs on repair/setup from CD.
- 05/17/15--16:12: Corrupted OEM Partition - best method to reinstall Windows 7?
- 05/17/15--19:39: Constant Freezing After Fresh Install
I'm trying to reinstall windows on a desktop computer. I purchased it (used) from a company who was upgrading their desktops and didn't need the old ones. They did a fresh install of windows, and everything was clean (no bloatware or anything) when I received it.
I've since been infected with malware I can't get rid of, so I'm trying to reinstall windows. But the problem is that I...
I have a Dell N5110 laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit. Since the computer is over three years old now, and have been experiencing a handful of issues, I decided to reinstall Windows 7. The only way I was able to do it was through the DVDs I got when I bought the laptop. And the only way I was able to get the DVD to reinstall was to click on My Computer and select the C...
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am not new to building computers, I have been doing it for more than 20 yrs now. I have never seen this before. I am installing Win7 Home Premium 64bit on a brand new machine. When I boot the computer and press any key to boot from the CD, it starts and says "Starting Windows". The four little color balls start to form into a...
I am working on a Lenovo B570 with a legitimate copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. The hard drive is toast. I can read it via a different laptop, but booting up either from the hard drive or recovery disk just leads me around in circles.
I am wanting to re-format the hard drive (or replace the current one) and re-install Windows. MS' site no longer has the iso I need. I have copies of...
Download the .zip file,extract it your hard drive, then run as admin on the update7re.cmd.
It will look in it's own directory for either winre.wim,or boot.wim, if not found, then it offers to use winre.wim from your hard drive.
It will download the needed updates ( 148mb for x64 or 98mb for x86).
It then installs the updates into the wim file.
The resulting wim is about the same...
i have a 200 gb on my c: drive ... i had installed Win 7 prof 64-bit on it ... bt for last 2 days it was giving me "not responding" error on any program i clicked or working for sometime & resumed after 1-2 min ... did sfc & scandisk bt no effect ... so i did a backup of my required data & performed a format-install using Windows 7 dvd ... format went well ... bt its showing error & not...
My mother recently bought herself a new notebook and gave me her old Windows 7 machine to use as a spare. I'd like to use her old notebook to run Linux for a project that will take me a few months but I'd also like to be able to restore it to Windows 7 afterwards. Am I correct in assuming that if I simply install Linux over top of Windows, that I will lose Windows permanently as well as any...
I have a z77zud3h mother board. I have only 1 SSD stata 3 drive installed. I am wanting to install windows 7 again and just wanted to no how to set up this bios for one ssd. I am using latest bios f20
In bios features there are a couple of option.
OS Type = Other
Boot mode selection = UEFI and Legacy
LAN PXE Boot option Rom= Disabled
Storage Boot option Control = Legacy Only
I've got a laptop which had a hard drive and W7 Ultimate installed on it.
I've taken the Hard drive out and replaced it with an SSD and have gone to re-install Windows 7 on it.
I've tried with a USB installation or with a Disk and everytime it gets to the Starting Windows stage, then a white cursor appears before the machine restarts and proceeds to try and boot off the Disk/USB...
Windows 7 Pro, Log on missing
I have a machine which has 2 Users, but when I boot the machine, Windows only shows me one User log on option. In order to access the second User account it is necessary to log on to the 1st account, and then log off or 'switch User' to gain access to the Log on screen which offers the second account.
There is another artifact which I believe is relevant in that...
I basically want to swap the C: Drive for F:
Windows is installed on both right now, but I want to make F the main system/boot and active drive going forward
I have Windows 7 home edition but I want to upgrade to Windows 8 or 8.1. Is this easy? for example, do I first uninstall Windows 7 through the Control Panel? Or do I attempt to instal Windows 8 on top of Windows 7?
Is there also a way of moving my Windows 7 related files, such as MS Word, across to the new Windows 8 account?
This will make full featured winpe for either 32 or 64 bit windows.
It will also search for any likely installed programs you have and offer to include them.
Unzip it onto your drive, then right click and run as admin on the .cmd file. Takes 4 mins or so.
I have a SSD called C: (Disk0) where windows 7 is installed.
and I have another HD Called E: (Disk1).
Basicly, My HD called E is dying. So, I can still use it but it's crashing often etc.
I want to remove it but before this, I need to move the "System Reserved partition" on my SSD C:.
So, I saw this post on your forums:...
My system is running on Windows 7 Professional. I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Can I install Windows 7 Ultimate over Windows 7 Professional?
I'm attempting to downgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 7 64-bit. I have a Fujitsu U904; since it's an ultrabook there's no DVD drive.. and I have no access to an external (last resort, I'll buy one).
I'm attempting to use the guide here: UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows...
Upgraded to a new 120GB SSD (C: ) and a 2TB HDD (D: ) recently.
Installed Win7 on the SSD (did the dumb thing and still had the old 70GB HDD plugged in....)
Transferred all my files over from my 70GB to my SSD, happy with how things are going and decided to retire the old 70GB.
Now I can't boot to Windows unless the 70GB is plugged in. Initially I could boot from the 120GB with the 70GB...
A friend of mine brought me her laptop because it would not boot into Windows.
I tried resetting the bios to default and changed it to boot from the disk.
When trying to run Windows repair from the disk it just hangs on the blue splash screen.
When trying to run Windows install it gets stuck on "Setup is starting".
I have waited for about 30 minutes or more in both cases just in case it...
I have a Lenovo OEM installed copy of Windows 7. I need to reinstall Windows 7 on it using my own disk.
On the laptop, I have 4 partitions;
*Partition one called SYSTEM_DRV (200MB),
Partition two called Windows (890 GB),
Partition three for Drivers (25GB)
Partition four (20GB). *
If I need to reinstall a clean Windows 7, what do I do with these 4 partitions?
*Can someone please...
Hey all so I decided to try the whole dual boot withWindows7 Pro and 8.1 Pro, well my 8.1 install is working just fine, but for some reason ever since I have installed 7 on its own separate partition I keep getting these constant freezes and don't know why the only thing I have installed so far is the Intel Display Driver and Wireless Driver and I have put my personal files on here, I have no...