Articles on this Page
- 10/21/15--12:20: _Upgrade help for ol...
- 10/21/15--14:41: _Gateway NV75S wants...
- 10/21/15--23:58: _Having serious trou...
- 10/22/15--06:12: _Upgrading Windows 7...
- 10/22/15--06:55: _"Compatibility Repo...
- 10/23/15--01:25: _Changing bit versio...
- 10/25/15--08:17: _Repair install got ...
- 10/25/15--08:25: _Reinstall Windows 7...
- 10/25/15--14:45: _Dual booting my mac...
- 10/25/15--17:23: _HELP! bootmgr is mi...
- 10/26/15--08:24: _Solved Extreme diff...
- 10/26/15--10:20: _I REALLY need help ...
- 10/26/15--11:16: _Unable to upgrade t...
- 10/26/15--14:42: _Downgrading to Wind...
- 10/26/15--16:05: _old win98 partitito...
- 10/26/15--20:45: _Solved Quick query
- 10/27/15--07:03: _Can't install any s...
- 10/27/15--08:57: _Solved Product Keys...
- 10/27/15--17:30: _Repair reinstall Wi...
- 10/28/15--02:34: _Repair questionable...
- 10/21/15--12:20: Upgrade help for old PC
- 10/21/15--14:41: Gateway NV75S wants hard drive driver... Read..
- 10/22/15--06:12: Upgrading Windows 7 in a Windows 10 World
- 10/22/15--06:55: "Compatibility Report" Loop While Upgrading from Vista to Windows 7
- 10/23/15--01:25: Changing bit version of factory pre-installed DELL OEM Win 7 Pro
- 10/25/15--08:17: Repair install got stuck
- 10/25/15--08:25: Reinstall Windows 7 Professional 64 bit issues
- 10/25/15--14:45: Dual booting my mac with windows 7 error code 0xc0000428
- 10/25/15--17:23: HELP! bootmgr is missing right after setup!
- 10/26/15--08:24: Solved Extreme difficulty dualbooting Windows 7 x64 on GPT drive
- 10/26/15--10:20: I REALLY need help figuring out SP1 for win 7 x64 PLEASE
- 10/26/15--11:16: Unable to upgrade to Win 10 - no errors shown
- 10/26/15--14:42: Downgrading to Windows 7
- 10/26/15--16:05: old win98 partititon interfering with Win 7/XP dual boot
- 10/26/15--20:45: Solved Quick query
- 10/27/15--07:03: Can't install any system on my PC
- 10/27/15--17:30: Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe
Thinking of upgrading the old windows pc with ram and gpu for internet purpose...,will increasing the ram help in performance and is the gpu for this still available?? ...
heres the current specs :
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz
So im trying to reload a NV75S gateway laptop. Drive tests fine was just murdered with viruses, etc.
When I click on install now its asking for a driver like it doesnt pickup the drive. This is in both AHCI and IDE sata operation in the bios. If I click on repair my pc and goto command prompt inside of diskpart it will show the drive as being wiped of all partitions (Previously did a "clean"...
I was wondering if someone can help me on this.
I have a Dell XPS 15 L521X Laptop that currently has windows 8.1 installed on it.
Im trying to set it up as a dual-boot system with windows 7 as a secondary OS.
I have a Windows 7 X64bit OEM disk and tried to install windows 7 from the disk, but it would not allow me to install the operating system to a disk that was initalized as GPT. So I...
I have a machine running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have purchased a Windows 7 Pro upgrade. There are only two upgrade options. The first is to go through Anytime Upgrade ... which apparently is no longer supported by Microsoft. Or to wipe everything out and install from scratch ... which is not really an option.
So how does one upgrade Windows 7 in a Windows 10 world? :confused: Can you...
I'm trying to upgrade a 32 bit Vista Acer laptop to 32 bit Windows 7 using a USB stick.
When I boot from it and run the wizard, I get to a Compatibility Report page, that says "The computer started using the Windows installation disc. Remove the installation disc and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally..."
When I click 'Close' on that page, it takes me to the "Install...
In my new job we are facing an issue with our production PCs. I have to install 32-bit W7 Pro on several of my PCs (OptiPlex 3020). These PCs officially have Windows 8 Pro licenses (no COA sticker, embedded in BIOS) which are factory downgraded to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. OOBE installation is W7 Pro (with 4 language option). Recovery etc media is all for Windows 8.
From my limited...
I'm trying to do a repair install (upgrade) of Windows 7 SP1, but it just got stuck. The setup rebooted the PC, but upon starting Windows I'm getting an error message saying it can't start the installation process. When I click OK or just close the window, the PC reboots and I'm getting the same thing again. The same thing happens when I turn off the PC and start again.
In other words:...
I have a Dell Vostro 220s that shipped with Vista in 2009. I purchased the 'Reinstallation DVD Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit' with a product key and used it to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 approx 2 years ago. We have a new laptop now, we've copied all our important files onto the laptop and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 on the Vostro.
I went into the boot menu...
For collage i bought a mac to use for school work. The program my coding class uses is only available on window so the professor recommended dual booting my mac instead of buying a whole new computer. I bought the windows 7 disk and every thing went smoothly until i got the error code 0xc0000428 after the computer restarted into windows mode. I have tried everything i can think of to fix this...
(*:note:NOTE::note:* I am new here so yeah...):focus:
HELP ME!! I've ran into an error about_:warn:*bootmgr missing*:warn:!
Can you help me please!!
I just did a fresh install yesterday and then it just said it!:mad::banghead:
Enabled Legacy, changed boot order of legacy and booted without doing ESC > F9
Some claimed that my BIOS is incompatible with Windows 7, which is obviously bullcrap :)
Anyways, I'm installing Windows 7 right now :)
Btw it gave me an error about the partition table not being in the correct order or layout or something, looked it up and somebody just pressed OK and no partitions were...
On MS site it has a DL but it give u an option to pick as it says "
Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7" and i dont have server 2008 just need win 7 and then it goes on to say to get "fixes" aka realease note
Does anyone know how to do more current SP1 and if u can do and ISO then what is the best...
I have been trying to upgrade my HP G62 Notebook PC for a week now. I get to 88% configuring and then the "shutting down" screen comes on. It then restarts in Win 7.
I have followed all the steps to get ready for Win 10 upgrade but having no sucess.
Thanks for any help.
I have an ASUS laptop, about a year old now with Windows 8.1. Almost a year ago, I managed to install Windows 7 on the PC, completely eliminating Windows 8, but I don't remember how I did it. Months later, my hard drive went bad and I took my PC into the Geek Squad for service since it has extended warranty on it. When I got it back, it had Windows 8 on it again.
I have tried so...
I've had an XP installation on a desktop for years and I am trying to dual boot a new Win 7 install on a separate drive.
Years ago, my XP install started out as a win98 installation which I dual booted with XP. I no longer use the win98 partition but I need it as a place-holder for drive C:, since XP is on drive D:. It's only 4 gigs long.
I installed win 7 on a separate disk but I did not...
Have been getting a few hiccups on the main laptop ie the screen dropping out about three times during power up, So I decided to do a clean install on the spare SSD, Now it is going through right now but the only problem is on power up it gives me I/O input cannot be found push any key -or words to that effect which allows power up normally.
Not a great nuisance but all the same I would like to...
I have a problem...I tried to install Windows 7 on my PC...and it started very good...when the final part of installation came it just freezed...i tried other Windows 7 installation disc and it went the same way...i tried with Windows 8.1 and the same happened, right before the end of installation...So, does anyone knows what is the problem, is it hard drive or what ? Please help :)
Is the product key directly related to the install disk? That is, can I install Windows 7 on a computer and use a different product key than the disk I'm using to install, assuming this different product key is unregistered?
Or in another light: If I install using a registered copy but enter my legal copy's product key, is this a valid installation? Can this even be done?
So the explorer.exe on this computer crashes all the time. I am unable to open folders of any kinds. I can however open chrome and certain other program. Some of them crash the first time but open the second. I want to reinstall Windows 7. I can log on in normal mode, its slow but it does do it. However, inserting my usb flash drive with the windows 7 install files on it won't open. The autoplay...
I'm trying to build a clean installation to use as a zero-day image for future system restores. I haven't finished installing, and already problems are cropping up. Is there a way to repair the present system, without starting all over again ?
* All *Windows Updates* installed, except 19 deliberately excluded (for pushing Windows 10, doing telemetry or being obviously...