Articles on this Page
- 11/09/15--09:49: _Solved Start menu l...
- 11/09/15--10:51: _Saving Office 2010 ...
- 11/09/15--10:57: _Multiple install of...
- 11/09/15--13:25: _what do i install f...
- 11/09/15--18:12: _Broken Windows mirr...
- 11/10/15--01:34: _Cannot install Wind...
- 11/10/15--07:14: _bootmngr is missing...
- 11/10/15--09:45: _Solved problem w wi...
- 11/10/15--12:54: _Solved Have a quest...
- 11/10/15--19:01: _lenovo recovery aft...
- 11/11/15--03:59: _Clean install. Part...
- 11/11/15--08:51: _Windows 7 installat...
- 11/11/15--09:39: _How to upgrade from...
- 11/11/15--11:32: _need help choosing ...
- 11/11/15--12:35: _Decommissioned Work...
- 11/11/15--14:36: _Issue accessing BIO...
- 11/12/15--04:48: _Partition Wizard wo...
- 11/12/15--11:14: _Unable to reinstall...
- 11/12/15--19:43: _Are there any limit...
- 11/12/15--20:27: _Win 7 Pro OEM disks
- 11/09/15--10:51: Saving Office 2010 Starter When Doing Clean Win 7 Pro Install
- 11/09/15--10:57: Multiple install of Win 7, one disk?
- 11/09/15--13:25: what do i install first when installing fresh copy of win 7
- 11/09/15--18:12: Broken Windows mirror. How do I restore disk mirror?
- 11/10/15--01:34: Cannot install Windows 7, help please
- 11/10/15--07:14: bootmngr is missing wrong active partition.
- 11/10/15--09:45: Solved problem w windows update
- 11/10/15--12:54: Solved Have a question about BIOS setting in z97 extreme 6
- 11/10/15--19:01: lenovo recovery after SYSTEM_DRV wiped?
- 11/11/15--03:59: Clean install. Partition query
- 11/11/15--08:51: Windows 7 installation won't start
- 11/11/15--09:39: How to upgrade from Win 7 Home to Win 7 Ultimate in HP notebook?
- 11/11/15--11:32: need help choosing which partition to install win 7
- 11/11/15--12:35: Decommissioned Work PC Issues (0x80070005 Error) Registry Issues
- 11/11/15--14:36: Issue accessing BIOS after installation
- 11/12/15--04:48: Partition Wizard won't copy Drive C: to new SSD
- 11/12/15--19:43: Are there any limitations when using Windows 7 Embedded (Trial)
- 11/12/15--20:27: Win 7 Pro OEM disks
I'm not an expert, don't know the language, sorry. I am a long-time user, though. I'd upgraded to Win-10 back in summer, hated it, and restored back to Win-7. But I lost my recent items list. Or rather, the pinned applications' recent items list, for example, for Excel, or Word, or any of them. I waited to see if they would repopulate as I used the programs, but they haven't done...
I've got a couple of laptops running Win 7 Home Premium. They also have a brain damaged version of Office 2010 installed, Office 2010 Starter... but, the software is fine for my needs.
I want to upgrade these laptops to Win 7 Pro in order to be able to join them to a domain. But, legitimate Win 7 installs are getting hard to find. Those that I have found do a clean install only.
This is an odd one...
I am becoming convinced that I have ended up with a corrupt W7 64 bit install. I've had hardware failures that have messed things up, and get a lot of odd errors. The safest thing to do seems to be to start again
Now, what I would really like to do is add a second install of W7, beside the first one, as a dual boot option. That way I can get at the previous install, in...
basically im wondering do i install drivers off dvd i made with all drivers first before i enable the items like audio or lan in the bios?
or do i enable lan/audio first then after it boots i install the drivers?
and in what order?
intel management engine
Started with Windows and apps successfully running on Disk 0 (1TB Seagate). Bought an exact duplicate HDD, recognized as Disk 1. Followed instructions and used Windows Disk Manager to convert Disk 0 to Dynamic, and configured as a mirror with Disk 1. Everything still worked perfectly. Physically disconnected Disk 0 to test booting from the Disk 1 mirror. Boot failed, and upon reconnecting...
Hey guys, I am a new user here, have a problem installing windows 7, i will try to explain step by step what happened:
Was running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron Laptop
Wanted to do Factory Image Restore
An error occured, and when I tried rebooting it gave me a blue screen error page
Did not get onto XP system again
Now I thought I may try installing Windows 7 to correct it
I was unable...
When I started my pc the windows startup recovery tool started and gave me an error such as:
"no os found". So after reading a comment from gregrocker here I did type in the comment prompt :
SELECT DISK # (for Win7 HD)
SELECT PARTITION # (for Win7 partition, determine by volume size)
i installed clean copy of win 7 explorer worked and could update explorer off explorer but when i click on Windows update it turns on i see red x looks like its working the bar moves from left to right but nothing else happens.
only idea i got is i have different ver of .net on the backup of drivers and i noticed i had .net 5.2.1 before the reinstall so when i went to install nvidia if said it...
just wanted to know under BOOT in "boot option priorities" in #1 i put dvd so that win disk can boot the computer and in #2 i put 250gb ssd
that setting is diffrent from "Hard Drives BBS priorities" where the ssd is number one, do i need to put my 1 tb raptor would be #2.(those are my only hd) do i need to add the raptor as number 2 or can i leave it blank?
I have an old circa 2010 low end Lenovo ThinkPad that I am going to sell or donate.
Before doing that, I wanted to ensure that it contains no sensitive information. So, I decided to wipe its sole hard drive and reinstall it to factory condition using the Lenovo Recovery partition. (I assume that the Lenovo recovery tool alone is not going to do any partition wiping during restoration, but...
After advice given in previous post www.sevenforums.com/showthread.php?t=383781 (http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383781-hard-drive-partition-problem.html)
I'm going to attempt a clean re install.
I have the disc and code number, and it seems fairly straightforward.
My question is, is it ok to select the so called "D" recovery partition to reinstall onto, or will I end up with...
I've been using windows 10 and wanted to go back to W7 and since I had a lot of problems since upgrading to 10 I decided to reinstall. I burned a DVD+ disc, made it bootable, changed the BIOS settings to boot from cd and made it through press any key to boot from cd. So after that i could select my region and language but that was it. After that it's just saying 'the installation process is...
I have HP Pavilion dv6 notebook, Core i5 processor, 4 Gb ram, ATI mobility Radeon Premium graphic card with Windows 7 Home installed. I wish to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate while preserving the HP utilities like "Configure switchable graphics" with which I can select either the Intel power saving Gpu or the ATI high performance Gpu. Kindly inform how to do this and your advises.:)
it's so annoying all online example of how to install windows and create partition show it on a 20gig drive etc,,,, i have 2 drives (one ssd one raptor)and when u click on custom advanced in win 7 install u can create partition do i want to install win in the partition "type" system or primary
ps i use a site that lets u get around win creating its own separate partitions w diskpart so...
I currently have a Dell computer given to me by my old employer that is running into validation/registry issues. The computer is now at my new employer since it was faster than what they originally had for me. I am assuming the computer originally had a KMS activated copy of Windows 7 Enterprise but I can't be sure. I first noticed issued awhile ago when a dialogue box saying...
I dropped my laptop recently which caused the HDD to fail. I bought a new one, installed it, changed the boot order in BIOS to a USB and seemingly successfully reinstalled Windows. Following this I went back into BIOS to have it boot from the new HDD, but like an idiot, accidentally selected the optical drive as the first boot drive.
Since then, whenever I started the machine I got...
I'm trying to install a new SSD for my husband which will contain two copies of Windows 7. This is so I can make it dual boot and overwrite the second copy of Windows 7 by upgrading it to Windows 10. However, Partition Wizard is causing me a few problems and will not allow me to do this.
The current SSD (Drive C:) is 126GB of which approx 78GB is currently in use leaving approx 46GB...
I had a dual boot system. Windows 7 Home and Windows 7 pro on 2 separate hard drives.
The main hard drive crashed with Windows 7 Home and had to be replaced.
When I put the OS cd in the cd drive and boot off of the cd drive (using the escape key and set to boot from the cd drive), the computer shuts down and the cd is not read and I am unable to reinstall Windows 7 Home on my PC.
Currently I am using the Trial version of WES7. I found that I am unable to detect "keyboard filter" when accessing the group policy. Is that part of the limitation?
Because I am setting up a kiosk like station for users to only access to certain programs and not allowing them to have access to the hotkeys or functions like "Ctrl+Alt+Del".
Need some advise here if I have to purchase the...
I have read where OEM WIN7 disks are tied to the original computer and can never be reinstalled to another motherboard. Out of curiosity is this a just "licensing issue" or will the activation key simply not work on a second install.
Will the same thing occur on disks labeled "intended for distribution with a refurbished PC"?