Articles on this Page
- 11/29/15--11:09: _Is it safe to chang...
- 11/29/15--22:13: _Solved 4 Partitions...
- 11/30/15--00:38: _can't get wireless ...
- 11/30/15--14:07: _Solved Windows 7 In...
- 11/30/15--23:07: _Try to install on U...
- 12/01/15--03:29: _Installing and unin...
- 12/01/15--03:43: _installation of aut...
- 12/01/15--13:14: _Fresh install of Wi...
- 12/01/15--20:48: _Windows 7 in bad st...
- 12/02/15--04:41: _Install Windows7 fr...
- 12/02/15--14:35: _Confused over ssd i...
- 12/02/15--14:53: _Fresh Windows 7 ins...
- 12/02/15--21:11: _Windows 7 installat...
- 12/02/15--21:30: _Will not format win...
- 12/02/15--22:55: _Thinking of moving ...
- 12/03/15--05:14: _New Computer Build ...
- 12/03/15--05:20: _Wipe HDD drive
- 12/03/15--07:55: _Installation of Win...
- 12/03/15--15:42: _Installing Win7-64 ...
- 12/03/15--20:45: _Upgrade install roa...
- 11/29/15--11:09: Is it safe to change the description value of the Boot Manager?
- 11/29/15--22:13: Solved 4 Partitions-Which to use on custom reinstall
- 11/30/15--00:38: can't get wireless connection after reinstall
- 11/30/15--14:07: Solved Windows 7 Installation Disc Will Not Load Properly
- 11/30/15--23:07: Try to install on UEFI, says 'winload.efi' not found.
- 12/01/15--03:29: Installing and uninstalling software takes ages
- 12/01/15--03:43: installation of automation software on windows
- 12/01/15--13:14: Fresh install of Win 7 Pro prior to Win 10 upgrade
- 12/01/15--20:48: Windows 7 in bad state after Windows 10 upgrade attempt
- 12/02/15--04:41: Install Windows7 from DVD or DVD UEFI?
- 12/02/15--14:35: Confused over ssd installation
- 12/02/15--14:53: Fresh Windows 7 installing question.
- 12/02/15--21:11: Windows 7 installation ISO on USB won't boot
- 12/02/15--21:30: Will not format windows 7
- 12/02/15--22:55: Thinking of moving back to Windows 7. But I think I need SP1
- 12/03/15--05:14: New Computer Build install with MB disc or get drivers from internet
- 12/03/15--05:20: Wipe HDD drive
- 12/03/15--07:55: Installation of Windows 7 Home Ed. 64-bit
- 12/03/15--15:42: Installing Win7-64 Bit Ent on Laptop with Same
- 12/03/15--20:45: Upgrade install roadblock
BCDEDIT is a nifty command line tool, and I've used it to rename my 7 installation, remove the "earlier windows" entry (which I've been thinking about restoring), and remove the Windows 10 entry because it simply won't work. But I also notice that this tool lists the Moot Manager with a description value. I thought that before I potentially screw anything up, I'd ask about it. Is it safe to...
Hi. I'm doing a custom install if Windows 7 Pro and a screen asking where I want to install Windows has come up. 4 partitions have come up:
1. SYS DEV 1.5 GB Total 1.1 Free - Primary
2. Windows 7 OF 124 GB Total 5.0 GB Free - System
3. New Volume 97.7 GB Total 97.4 GB . Free - Logical
4. New Volume 9.8 GB Total 9.7 GB Free - Primary
I do not speak computer too well so I really...
2nd time doing custom reinstall. First time, no drivers. Looks like drivers there second time, but cannot set up wireless connection. No devices showing up to configure.
Hello everyone! :)
I'm downgrading from 8.1 to 7 again (tried 8.1 for two weeks and hated it) but I've run into a problem when installing.
I've formatted the hard drive (fat32) from a Macbook.
I also disabled Secure Boot in the BIOS.
The laptop powers up and let's me boot from disc, it loads the files but then it just stops doing anything. I left it for 30 minutes with no change...
Ok, after a day of playing around with making an bootable USB, I finally managed to make one for my UEFI HP laptop. I already run Windows 10 OEM and like to install windows 7 as dual boot. I have tried making the usb with both Rufus and using the Command line 'diskpart' way, copied the 'bootx64' file to efi/boot, and copied the contents of efi/microsoft/boot to efi/boot. The install always greets...
I used to install software and remove it in matter of seconds, now its a matter of over 10 minutes.
This all seemed to have started recently but i do not know the cause.
Help would be greatly appriciated :)
i tried removing something in save mode to see if this fixes it, but it says windows installer is not available in this mode. I also tried installing a exe a while ago wich did not have...
My PC is windows 7 basic home premium installed. I am planning to replace it to windows 10. I would like to know if the software of this home security system be installed (http://protectionplus.ca/)on windows 10?
I am going to do a fresh install of my Win 7 Pro DVD prior to the Win 10 upgrade. Isn't there a way to downloads an iso file that has all up to date patches/SP's, etc and burn that to a new dvd rather than go through all the updates/SP's...etc ?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes: my father tried to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on two of his laptops.
The upgrade succeeded on one computer, but the installer would not run on the other. There is no error message or anything; the installer simply appears to do nothing. However, the computer started having numerous problems afterwards: many...
Am wanting to do fresh install of W7. After placing DVD disc into DVD player and then restarting and pressing Delete key to enter BIOS I get two different choices to boot from DVD. One says DVD and the other says DVD UEFI.
Which one do I pick?
Would both choices ensure I have a bootable OS?
If I install using DVD UEFI choice will that install allow me to clone my OS which I would do...
I am struggling with my ssd, I installed it and reduced the size of my hdd to allow it to be cloned to ssd.
loned it would not boot, after trying fixboot it would not do it, windows repair disk would not repair it, and w7 install disk would not either.
My mobo is a uefi dual boot and SSD was set to GPT, so reformatted it and set it to MBR, still had problems would not boot.
I know that there are various threads and tutorials on installing Win7.
The dates of these varied by several years and I'm not quite sure which one I should use.
I have a product key for an OEM Windows 7 home premium, and I have the Lenovo laptop the key relates to.
Where can I download an ISO Win7 file from.
Hi there - I've been having problems with hard drive for a couple of months - numerous '"your disk is damaged" messages, increasingly slow behaviour, freezing, not booting - which I've been able to fix temporarily using a fresh windows installation downloaded from digital river which I'd put on USB.
After it broke for umpteenth time, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new hard disk which...
Tried formatting my computer about a month ago. I would get this error "the product key entered does not match the key of any windows images." Then I tried windows 10 on a separate SSD hard drive which worked. Booted up windows 10, using rufus so i can make make a bootable windows 7 usb. It formatted the hard drive and I installed windows 7 and now I would need to leave the windows 10 ssd in my...
I have a windows 7 professional disk but sp1 comes as an update. Windows 10 is not to good at all. Always seem to be fixing something. So how do I put SP1 on to windows 7 disc? Thank you in advance. And does it leave you with a dual boot? As I understand you haven't to format the disk.
Is it recommended to use the disc that comes with the MB or download the latest drivers beforehand from the internet to install on a USB key?
Do I have 30 days to get a Windows 7 License from the day I install the OS?
how do I get my win 7 prof HDD reset to factory settings with the OS still there - I do not have the OS cd
First, thank you for reviewing the issue I am experiencing with fixing my cousins computer. He has a Toshiba Satellite C655 laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition. He's been experiencing issues with his laptop looping when attempting to access this desktop.
Without losing his files and programs, how do I re-install Windows 7? I have tried F4, F8, F12, pressing the Shift key 5 times, At...
I've got a Dell Laptop Lattittude E5500 that I installed Win7-64Bit Enterprise on a couple of years ago. Now, it's gotten so fragmented that I can't defrag it any better than 7%, so I wanted to format it, or delete the C:\ Partition, and reinstall from the same install DVD that I used the first time. Unfortunately, I can't get the install to work either by installing from Windows, or from...
I had mistakenly previously posted this to hardware:
I have a W7 64 bit desktop. I was losing the HD so I cloned it to a new one which will boot fine. This OS has never had anything done to tune it up and since it may have had some errors with the drive going bad I feel this is a good time to freshen it up before I do some program and personalization stuff. I wanted to do an in place...