Articles on this Page
- 12/21/15--19:09: _Upgrading to Window...
- 12/21/15--20:09: _Moving a hard drive...
- 12/21/15--21:57: _Diskpart No Media ?
- 12/22/15--04:12: _W7 Ultimate repair ...
- 12/22/15--21:31: _Win10 Upgrade from ...
- 12/23/15--02:19: _Sysprep - want to r...
- 12/23/15--15:48: _Wiping System to Re...
- 12/26/15--04:10: _windows7 activation...
- 12/26/15--15:26: _Help installing ont...
- 12/26/15--16:28: _DVD Drivers
- 12/26/15--21:21: _Only boots from the...
- 12/26/15--22:54: _how to update windo...
- 12/27/15--04:45: _Laptop won't boot (...
- 12/27/15--10:05: _Asks for permission...
- 12/27/15--14:51: _Installing Windows ...
- 12/28/15--01:11: _Rid me of this Admi...
- 12/28/15--07:40: _Windows 7 iso wont ...
- 12/28/15--18:25: _Windows 7 install o...
- 12/29/15--00:09: _Recovery Discs Same...
- 12/29/15--22:33: _Wiindows 10 Pro v15...
- 12/21/15--19:09: Upgrading to Windows 10
- 12/21/15--20:09: Moving a hard drive with OA key to new motherboard, new retail key?
- 12/21/15--21:57: Diskpart No Media ?
- 12/22/15--04:12: W7 Ultimate repair install last phase: Setup cannot continue
- 12/22/15--21:31: Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION
- 12/23/15--02:19: Sysprep - want to remove audit mode
- 12/23/15--15:48: Wiping System to Re-install Win 7 - now "missing operating system"
- 12/26/15--04:10: windows7 activation will not work
- 12/26/15--15:26: Help installing onto partition without losing backup data
- 12/26/15--16:28: DVD Drivers
- 12/26/15--21:21: Only boots from the usb
- 12/26/15--22:54: how to update windows 7 to sp1 from setup disk
- 12/27/15--10:05: Asks for permission everytime I restart even thought UAC turned off
- 12/27/15--14:51: Installing Windows 7 over Windows 10 on a laptop...hangs at logo
- 12/28/15--01:11: Rid me of this Admin navigation pane folder
- 12/28/15--07:40: Windows 7 iso wont download from MS
- 12/28/15--18:25: Windows 7 install over Windows 10 laptop...no more graphics card
- 12/29/15--00:09: Recovery Discs Same as Clean Install ?
- 12/29/15--22:33: Wiindows 10 Pro v1511, 10586 failed with error 80070003
I am going to upgrade my OS to windows 10 but I am going to do a clean install. My problem is I am not sure how to accomplish this without losing the data on my hardware raid "dedicated raid controller" and I also have another raid setup on my mother board. The OS is on a separate hard drive. I really have too much data on the RAID arrays to back up in a reasonable manner. The RAID controller...
I've been reading threads here for about a couple of hours but haven't found anyone with my exact problem. I hope this is not a common question that will get me flamed.
Here's all the background, please bear with me, I want to be as complete as possible...
I've got a customers Acer laptop with a bad motherboard, it won't boot.
The hard drive has Windows 7 Home premium OA.
I have a laptop with Diskpart showing:
DISKPART> list disk
Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 476 GB 3072 KB
Disk 1 Online 4596 MB 6144 KB
* Disk 2 No Media 0 B 0 B
Windows 7 Ultimate installation not working properly.
Symptoms: Windows unstable; cant always get task manager to start; Windows explorer hangs; Safeboot with networking produces BSOD when when loading (CLASSPNP.SYS).
Checked the ususal stuff (CHKDSK; Scannow; virus, cleanboot etc) bit all come up clean so I tried a repair install.
All seemed to be going fine until I get to 'Transferring...
I'm posting this to anyone that's having issues with the Win10 Warm Boot functionality. I recently did an in-place upgrade of WIN7 Pro to WIN10.
After getting everything setup I noticed that Warm Boots would hang - for me this means selecting Windows key|Power|Restart. My hang condition was the computer began power down operations - cut display driver (so screen went blank) but the system...
Yesterday, my laptop just failed to boot, tried all the system repair tools and they failed. So i ended up doing a factory reset. Now, everytime i boot, i get this setup is starting services, and a sysprep windows after booting. I want to get rid of it, together with the setup is starting services thing.
TRIED AND FAILED:
- stopping windows media player sharing service
Im no tech genius so...
I thought I would do a 'clean install' of Win 10 on my laptop. Used Killdisk to get rid of 2 of 3 partitions on my hard drive (not the OS partition). I must have done something wrong because now my system will not reboot. All I get is a message saying: "missing operating system". I tried to reboot by: 1) using a 'boot disk' prepared on my desktop; nothing. 2) using my Win 7 disk; nothing.
I claen installed win7 home premium after a very bad virus. I put in the key which is on the bottom of the laptop. It did not work can anyone help me please?
can someone help me install win 7 ultimate x64 on a partition?
hello I'm currently trying to install win 7 Ult x64 on a separate partition for my backup partition without deleting my backup partition
currently I have one disk with 2 partitions and a allocated space
the first one is newly created (yes I wiped windows completely >.
Made a USB stick with the ISO of Windows....I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my Dell laptop. I don't ha e an optical drive and its asking me for a driver for said DVD/CD drive.
Maybe a bad burn of the ISO on the thumb drive?
I installed windows 7 on a brand new hd from a usb. Now it boot up normally with the usb stick. If I remove it I will get a blinking cursor. If i go to the bios and load up from the hd I get a blinking cursor. I have tried the startup repair yet no errors were found. Does it have something to do with the reserve partition having a different drive letter assigned ?
I installed linux after the...
I am running windows 7 x64 on my pc. Last day i downloaded windows 7 sp1 (iso file) from torrent for my friend and created a bootable usb and successfully installed in his pc. Now i need to use this to update my pc to sp1. Is it possible without reintalling..? (when i opened setup.exe it says use the oter installation disk that says 64-bit)
I've been searching the web for solutions for hours now and won't find anything that works for me. You are kinda like my last hope. :)
I have a Asus A54C Laptop here (it's my brother's), that won't boot. If I turn it on, it quickly shows the Logo screen and nothing else happens.
If I have a WIN7-DVD in the DVD-drive (created with downloaded ISO, it seems to be...
I have windows 7 64 bit on a Dell Optiplex.
I installed a program and every time I reboot windows 7 asks me for permission to run the program.
I have changed the user account controls to never notify, but it still comes up every time I reboot.
Hello 7 Forums,
This is my first posting here -- I'm trying to install Windows 7 onto my new laptop which came with Windows 10 installed (it was an unasked for gift because I had wanted to avoid this nightmare :confused: -- which is an ungenerous attitude, I realize). I have a desktop with Windows 7.
Anyway, I tried to install Windows 7 using my Home Premium disk and the process hangs...
Hopefully Im in the most appropriate location for this inquiry.
In my pc navigation pane for my main pc it goes Desktop, then the Libraries (Documents, Downloads, etc), Homegroup, Computer (with the listed drives), then last Network. In my secondary pc between Homegroup and Computer it has Admin with many of the same Library menus along with AppData. I would really like to get rid of...
Hi all having a terrible time with my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installation, basically I noticed I couldn't download windows updates anymore (error code 80070002) now I've got 28 pending but they wont install, been jumping through hoops at MS community (didn't know if I should post link here though??), the people there said I should try a repair install.
I have black genuine install disk 64...
I recently installed Windows 7 (thanks to these forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388432-installing-windows-7-over-windows-10-laptop-hangs-logo.html)) over a Windows 10 installation on a new laptop. However, the system cannot now locate the GTX970M graphics card. I tried downloading an nvidia driver but that install instructed me to download an intel driver...that...
I've been wanting to do this thing that I've heard about on this site for some time now,called a "clean install". I've heard though,that the recovery discs that you make yourself when you get a new pc are not the same thing as a clean install.I've also been wanting to start to dual boot WIN 7 with Xubuntu.But,now,I've also read that Win 7 (Home Premium) does not play well with dual booting.
I have a Toshiba Satellite that was upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I received my invitation from Microsoft to download and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in early December 2015. I ran the program to verify that my hardware would run Windows 10 Pro x64 and included info about my laptop in my profile.I have run Windows Update Program and receive the message that Windows...