Articles on this Page
- 01/14/16--11:43: _Boot Error, Repair ...
- 01/14/16--13:45: _Trying to install W...
- 01/14/16--14:48: _"Restart your compu...
- 01/14/16--21:17: _APPCRASH with Vid C...
- 01/15/16--09:35: _Solved Keeps revert...
- 01/15/16--14:21: _Windows won't insta...
- 01/15/16--15:49: _"failed to create a...
- 01/15/16--16:53: _Office 365 need to ...
- 01/15/16--21:19: _Pros / Cons of Mult...
- 01/16/16--14:59: _I don't see dvd rom...
- 01/17/16--00:39: _How do I change the...
- 01/17/16--00:42: _New installation of...
- 01/16/16--23:17: _Trying to get a cle...
- 01/17/16--02:34: _Re-Installing Windo...
- 01/17/16--02:43: _Windows 7 OEM iso f...
- 01/17/16--10:21: _sysprep clarification
- 01/17/16--21:02: _HP Pavilion DM3 lap...
- 01/17/16--21:31: _Windows won't insta...
- 01/18/16--12:41: _Two OEM Files When ...
- 01/18/16--16:39: _Can't run Windows r...
- 01/14/16--11:43: Boot Error, Repair done, Windows Recovery, Startup no external HD
- 01/14/16--13:45: Trying to install Win 7 on New HP Phoenix
- 01/14/16--14:48: "Restart your computer to install..." Win-7 Update infinite loop
- 01/14/16--21:17: APPCRASH with Vid Card installer - part of a bigger problem??
- 01/15/16--09:35: Solved Keeps reverting to Boot Manager on startup
- 01/15/16--14:21: Windows won't install, a required CD/DVD driver is needed
- 01/15/16--15:49: "failed to create a new partition on the selected unused space."
- 01/15/16--16:53: Office 365 need to reinstall again to activate trial version
- 01/15/16--21:19: Pros / Cons of Multi-boot, Multi-Disk Partition Scheme With SSD
- 01/16/16--14:59: I don't see dvd rom on my bios settings
- 01/17/16--00:39: How do I change the system partition either to the boot partition?
- 01/17/16--00:42: New installation of Window 7 on SSD failure
- 01/16/16--23:17: Trying to get a clean install of Windows 7
- 01/17/16--02:34: Re-Installing Windows 7 Fresh on SSD Questions?
- 01/17/16--02:43: Windows 7 OEM iso for new machine. Error from Microsoft website
- 01/17/16--10:21: sysprep clarification
- 01/17/16--21:02: HP Pavilion DM3 laptop boots recovery media but keeps reloading.
- 01/17/16--21:31: Windows won't install on new computer, error 0x8007045d
- 01/18/16--12:41: Two OEM Files When Viewing Setup Disc on PC. What Should I Do?
- 01/18/16--16:39: Can't run Windows repair due to insufficient HD space
I'v installed Windows 7 64Bit as dual boot with 32Bit. I'v landed up with a list of issues for some unexplainable reason and still left with 2 big issues I need help with.
This is what happened: After files were copied on reboot I got boot error "NTLDR" not found. Then I did a repair to get into my current installation and found boot manager saying Windows 7 (recovered). (The recovered part...
Hey Guys, I just received my NEW HP Phoenix desktop. Came with Win 10 Pro, I tried to install Win 7 Pro on a new SSD . I changed a settings in the bios=
Legacy Support - Enable
Secure Boot - Disable
Fast Boot - Disable
I reboot and boot into DVD, it says setting up windows files, then says Windows Start up, then it goes to the NEXT screen ( to change your region, time zone etc ) and NO...
Whenever I try to get updates I get the following message:
"Restart you computer to install important updates" and "Windows
can't update important files and services while the system is
using them. Save any open files and restart the computer, and
then try to check for new updates."
This is constant, never ends.
It may be related to the fact that I once clicked on getting
Trying to install an MSI GT730 and the install from the disk crashes with the following info:
* Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDSetup.exe
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldnt search ALL pages of this section (although I searched a lot using keywords BIOS and Windows boot manager).
Anyway, I just did a new build and installed Win7 Pro 64 bit on a Kingston HyperX Predator M.2 SSD. However, I forgot to enter audit mode to install user files and program data to another drive something I ALWAYS have done in the...
Hi! When I try to install Windows 7 it gives me an error that says A required CD/DVD driver is needed after clicking install now. I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Flex 3-1130. I am trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 7 together. It has a UEFI bios and the windows 7 iso is formatted on a flash drive. I have a legit key for it and the iso says it is untouched.
So recently my Asus UX31E laptop couldn't boot up into windows 7 by stating "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". This happened suddenly, but I think what caused this was that I pulled out the power plug from my laptop and froze. (This for some reason happens fairly frequently ever since I had the laptop for 4 years). It...
I bought a laptop and there is a pre installed office 365 on it. When I activate the trial version it directs me to a download link. So do I really have to download another? Is there a way that I can activate trial using my pre installed office? I don't want to download because my connection is slow. Please help, thanks!
I'm reletively new on this forum and I've spent a lot of time reading posts here concerning innovative installation methods and various approaches to partitioning. This forum really has some great info and users!
I'm an old school guy going back to the days before PCs even existed. Electronics has always circulated in my bloodstream. I'm an old dog but open to new tricks....
Hi, I would like some help with my Acer aspire 5315, I want to boot windows 7 from dvd/cd but when I go to my Bios settings>Boot order all I see is 2 IDE: (Numbers) and USB FDD, Network Boot, USB HDD, and USB CDROM but I don't see DVD/CD ROM My bios is Insydeh20 Rev. 3.0
I need some help here as I am stuck with this for a day and half now. I recently bought a 3TB (disk 2) hard drive and want to swap out 500GB (disk 0) with it. I cloned the disk 0 to disk 2 already. I am stuck in a dilemma where I can't turn boot into windows 10 without the need of disk 0. I figured it has to do with the fact that the system partition is part of disk 0. I have 2...
I recent bought an SSD (1TB Samsung 850 Evo) and now I want to install it on my Asus FX550 laptop, but the thing is I cannot install anything else besides windows 8...
At first it won't even boot from the USB, but I made changes like:
"You should have an option in your bios of your laptop called secure boot.
You must disable this first.
You next step it to look for the...
Hello I am trying to get a clean install of Windows 7 on my new SSD. I disconnected my old hard drive, placed the DVD in, pressed any key, got the download bar saying windows etc etc. When the download bar finishes I get to the screen that is shown on *step 3* (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html). Thing is I only see the background and my mouse, I dont get...
I've the Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB and I've partitioned into two: SSD1 (100 GB) for the OS (Windows 7 Pro) and SSD2 (rest of space) for storing my files. I've over provisioning set to 10% as recommended by Samsung Magician.
I'd like to format & clean install Windows 7 x64 on SSD1 partition again, for some reasons, and I've got a question before I do so:
Will the over provisioned space on my...
I purchased an OEM key from Kinguin and i can't seem to find an official ISO for Windows 7 Pro x64 anywhere. I get an error message from Microsoft website when i go to enter the key to verify it. I've attached a screenshot of what i receive.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've asked for a refund from Kinguin just incase anyways.
I am a newbie to sysprep but am in need of just such a solution. I have been linked to Kari's tutorial thru this forum and hope he will see and reply. I made a win7 image backup of my os from computer "A" and cloned to a new drive in an identical computer "B". Both computers are hp5700 sff, win 7/32 bit, 1.8g intel duo, 4g ram. I booted computer "B" after the clone, and it works, but boots...
I have a HP Pavilion DM3 3012 laptop that came with Win 7 on a traditional 7200rpm drive. The hard drive crashed and was going to install a fresh new copy of Win 7 onto a SSD.
I have tried to do a clean install from a Win 7 64bit iso on USB stick and DVD Rom. I can get it to boot from the stick or DVD drive and then gets to the Loading Windows but never gets into the installation...
I recently bought my Husband a new computer setup of the following:
Asus X99-A Mobo, Intel i7-5820K CPU, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 4x4GB Ram and a Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My husband, being an IT by trade, went through the BIOS menus and started to attempt to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. He has since then been plagued by errors, majority of them being the error code...
I'll try to clarify:
I had a BSOD-related problem but, thanks to a few on this forum, it's been fixed. Before this, however, I took the PC to a retail store and asked for a "clean installation". The result, I find out later, is I now have two OEM "files" (?) under the setup options when I view my PC from the "setup.exe" disc.
What I'd like help with:
1) Understanding what OEM stuff is...
I've got some corruption problems and want to run a repair from my installation DVD (7 Pro, x64), but it gives me an error message that there is insufficient space on my C drive. It's only a 120G SSD, and I've removed everything that I think I can without creating worse problems. I've got multiple hard drives, all 500G, and I'd like to move my system files to and boot up from one of them either...