Articles on this Page
- 01/26/16--16:55: _When it is time to ...
- 01/27/16--12:25: _Solved Windows 7: U...
- 01/27/16--16:41: _New Built PC, freez...
- 01/27/16--18:31: _SSD Alignment
- 01/28/16--07:44: _Where can I get a W...
- 01/28/16--09:21: _Reactivation a slee...
- 01/28/16--11:08: _Solved Dual booting...
- 01/28/16--14:25: _Windows 7 Pro 64bit...
- 01/29/16--09:00: _Win 7 Install USB3 ...
- 01/30/16--00:59: _Attempting to upgra...
- 01/30/16--02:53: _Event Viewer existi...
- 01/30/16--07:34: _Downgrade to window...
- 01/30/16--13:25: _Failed with error c...
- 01/30/16--13:39: _Downgrade Windows 1...
- 01/31/16--23:51: _Failing to restart ...
- 02/01/16--06:22: _Solved Cd/dvd drive...
- 02/01/16--10:53: _windows 7 install -...
- 02/01/16--13:17: _Solved Windows 10 u...
- 02/01/16--18:18: _Solved Downgrade ri...
- 02/01/16--19:00: _Swapping out a dead...
- 01/26/16--16:55: When it is time to enter the key in this process, will it work?
- 01/27/16--16:41: New Built PC, freezes on language selection in Windows 7 set up.
- 01/27/16--18:31: SSD Alignment
- 01/28/16--07:44: Where can I get a Windows 7 installation disk from?
- 01/28/16--09:21: Reactivation a sleeping computer
- 01/28/16--11:08: Solved Dual booting Win 10 and Win 7
- 01/28/16--14:25: Windows 7 Pro 64bit MBR Required On Reboot
- 01/29/16--09:00: Win 7 Install USB3 driver error
- 01/30/16--00:59: Attempting to upgrade from W7 to W10
- 01/30/16--02:53: Event Viewer existing custom view = read-only??
- 01/30/16--07:34: Downgrade to windows 7 64 bit
- 01/30/16--13:25: Failed with error code 0x490 - Sys files integrity check & Repair
- 01/30/16--13:39: Downgrade Windows 10 to 7 on HP 20-e014 All in One
- 01/31/16--23:51: Failing to restart ERROR /efi/microsoft/boot/bcd
- 02/01/16--06:22: Solved Cd/dvd driver error installing windows 7 professional 64 bit
- 02/01/16--10:53: windows 7 install - is there a repair option like for xp
- 02/01/16--13:17: Solved Windows 10 upgrade
- 02/01/16--18:18: Solved Downgrade rights not being respected by MS?
- 02/01/16--19:00: Swapping out a dead mobo and keeping OS
I have ordered A Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with OEM key to do in-place upgrade of my Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit.
When it is time to enter the key in this process, will it work?
I've been working with some others and someone who seems quite knowledgeable questions if it will. This post I found seems quite definite that this process will work.
Can someone please help me out here...
I have a known working image of Windows 7 on a flash drive.
However, if trying to install Windows 7 by booting from the flash drive I get "a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing usb"
I have tried removing and reinserting the usb.
I found a link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
Ok, so I built a new computer, the parts list is here
Intel Core i5-6500, PowerColor Radeon R9 390, NZXT S340 (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yJTQmG)
Now I put everything in but the GPU, for whatever reason there wasn't any PCIE cables that came with and this was my first built so I had no extras. Then, I tried to see if I could start it up, I got it going and...
I'm reinstalling Windows 7 Operating system on my SSD drive. If I perform a clean installation of Windows 7 and wiping the entire drive. Do I need to perform a SSD alignment in the diskpart command before or after a clean reinstall of Windows? Or when is a SSD alignment needed?
As per the title really. I have found the Microsoft site at:
but this site will not let me download a file for my HP OEM installation.
Can some kind soul please let me know where I can get a download from?
A couple of weeks ago I got a download from Microsoft themselves (at least I think it was Microsoft), but this...
First I want to apologize if some unfinished thread was posted - the browser suddenly disappeared and when opened all was gone.
For about 3 years my second computer is deactivated because when I started some (any) installed programs, for a moment started and then stopped with a pop-up notice about a corrupt exe file. Reinstalled the programs and again that pop-up. The system installed is...
I am new to the forums. I have a copy of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Currently, my system is running Windows 10 Home 64 bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1). I prefer Windows 7, and was wondering if it was at all possible to dual boot. Upon browsing the web, I have found that it is apparently tricky to do so. I'm not really sure why it's seemingly so easy to upgrade from an older version...
This is one of the most annoying problems I've seen. I've replaced the hard drives, and adjusted the settings in my bios to support AHCI.
My system is includes Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard, 8gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 memory, Intel Q550 CPU, Dual Western Digital Raptor 300Gb drives in RAID configuration, EVGA GTX 295 graphics card. The system was overclocked, and now is running at stock...
Hi, just installed Win 7 Pro 64bit.
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H mobo
2 x 4 Gb cosair RAM (mobo recommended)
AMD A6 5400K 3.6ghz APU
After a whale of a time installing, blank screen after 'loading files' starting windows I got 'stumped' and installed Linux Mint via USB, went in like a flash.... I decied to have another bash at Win 7 installing still blanked screened, even after waiting half an...
At the moment, I'm running a genuine copy of W7 Pro 64bit with SP1 on my laptop. My Windows Updates in Control Panel is on & running on automatic with nothing blocked. The required KB3035583 update is installed & successful.
Why then is the "Get W10" icon not showing in the system tray?
I've gone down so many routes to try and get it to appear, all without success.
Can anyone help with...
When I start MS build-in Event Viewer, then go to Custom Views--->Adminstrative Events and right click and select "Properties" then all the parameters are disabled resp. read-only.
See attached snapshot
As far as I remember they were editable in the past. I could (de-)select e.g. "Warnings" checkbox.
Recently I wiped all event logs by the often recommended command
Hello to everyone,
I have recently bought a notebook (Windows 8.1 pre-installed) with a 32 GB eMMc hard disk.
The specific characteristics are:
-notebook: Acer Aspire ES1-331
-processor: Intel Celeron N3050
-ram: 2GB DDR3 L (I've bought a 4GB Hyperx Impact, but I've reintroduced the previous for the time of installation)
-hard disk: eMMc 32GB + Samsung SSD 850 EVO (where I want to...
I have a Dell 740 hdd with win 7 pro 64 that I've been using for about 3 yrs. I'm trying to put the HDD into a new pc but it wont boot, it tries, but goes to the repair option or start normally. The normal boot just goes back to the same message (surprise). When I run the repair, either form the HDD, or the System Repair Disk, I get the message Repair Action: "System files integrity check &...
Tomorrow, My mom will be buying a HP-20-e014 All in One HP 19.45" All-in-One - Intel Celeron - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive White 20-e014 - Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-19-45-all-in-one-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-blizzard-white/4361961.p?id=1219736624711&skuId=4361961) and she wants me to put Windows 7 on it.
Is it possbile to do a clean install of Windows 7 on this...
So there is always always a problem when I try to downgrade to an older version or even newer. Last night I wanted to go back to Win 7 ultiamte 64 bit, I used Rufus to mount in the ISO into my formated USB 16gb. I had NTFS filesystem and partition scheme was MBR partition scheme for bios or UEFI computers. When I was going to install I did it from settings in win 10 and then I chose UEFI CD/DVD....
Hi all, first post from me.
I have an Acer Aspire laptop, and have spent the weekend getting rid of windows 10, then windows 8, then taking the hdd out to format in my desktop pc.
It currently has a single partition not marked as active, system, logical, or anything at all.
I have the same problem as this earlier thread
I have a nasty problem where I can't create restore points, actually they get created but then disappear in about 10 seconds. multiple posts on multiple forums have not resulted in any fixes. please see posts here for more information.(restore point created but goes away, create restore point success but disappears) I know from working with xp doing system work, there was a repair option that was...
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.
Some of my programs that ran on Windows 7 Pro no longer work.
Can I reinstall Windows 7 Pro on another drive using dual boot and use both operating systems?
I'm trying to downgrade a laptop that originally came with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM to Windows 7 Pro. I called in to MS, gave them the OEM key, they confirmed it was legit but told me I had to buy a new Win7 key. I told them this was unacceptable as the laptop has downgrade rights, they "transferred" me and I kept ending up back at the same tech repeating the same tripe. Any ideas? Cheers
I have acquired a dead Sony Vaio VGN- NW100 laptop that had been upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Hm Prem. I was able to buy a motherboard on EBAY that is the same Motherboard but the processor is a step or two better. The HDD is still intact, can I still install this mobo and be able to keep the OS activated and use it? I still have the old key for Vista but I would rather...