Articles on this Page
- 04/25/16--08:26: _Dual Boot with wind...
- 04/25/16--10:36: _Which Windows 7 ISO...
- 04/26/16--16:20: _W7-SP1-64 simple in...
- 04/27/16--00:54: _rollback to 7 faile...
- 04/28/16--04:00: _clean install of wi...
- 04/28/16--16:58: _Will not 100% power...
- 04/28/16--19:35: _raid noob one drive.
- 04/28/16--21:10: _Moving system reser...
- 04/29/16--04:10: _Windows 7 and windo...
- 04/29/16--20:24: _Illegal Partition E...
- 04/30/16--01:29: _On notebook cannot ...
- 05/01/16--06:35: _Two x64 windows 7 i...
- 05/02/16--15:40: _No Windows 7 boot a...
- 05/03/16--13:30: _Install-Update-Sysp...
- 05/03/16--17:01: _Relationship betwee...
- 05/04/16--09:22: _Windows 10 Upgrade ...
- 05/05/16--00:14: _0xc000000e boot man...
- 05/05/16--01:24: _Want help to go bac...
- 05/05/16--13:50: _Remove Win10 HD - I...
- 05/06/16--01:02: _Not able to find bo...
- 04/25/16--08:26: Dual Boot with windows 7 64 ulti & vista 32 ulti is not achieved !
- 04/25/16--10:36: Which Windows 7 ISO to download?
- 04/26/16--16:20: W7-SP1-64 simple install Question
- 04/27/16--00:54: rollback to 7 failed (startup blue screen), where to go from here?
- 04/28/16--04:00: clean install of windows 7
- 04/28/16--16:58: Will not 100% power off after fresh install of Win 7 OS.
- 04/28/16--19:35: raid noob one drive.
- 04/28/16--21:10: Moving system reserved to C: (from F)
- 04/29/16--04:10: Windows 7 and windows PE boot
- 04/29/16--20:24: Illegal Partition Error when installing from CD/DVD
- 04/30/16--01:29: On notebook cannot install win 7 hp using dvd usb drive
- 05/02/16--15:40: No Windows 7 boot after aborting Linux install
- 05/03/16--13:30: Install-Update-Sysprep vs Slipstream Updates
- 05/03/16--17:01: Relationship between HDD, MB, OS, and processor. Need information
- 05/05/16--00:14: 0xc000000e boot manager error
- 05/05/16--01:24: Want help to go back to seven from ten
- 05/05/16--13:50: Remove Win10 HD - Install Win 7 HD
- 05/06/16--01:02: Not able to find boot configuration store
i had windows 7 ulti 64 sp1 running on my laptop. i was trying to dual boot it with vista ulti 32 sp1 on another partition on the same harddrive. i tried to do that with YUMI/ZOTAC WinUsb Maker for it. every time after choosing the partition, 'installing windows' status window would appear and show copying files. and within half minute and copying files 2% , there was a message in...
Replacing the hdd on my old laptop with a 120gb ssd but cannot find my recovery disk i made. Decided to go the USB route. The laptop previously ran Windows 7 Home 64 bit and i found a list of ISOs on digitalriver technet (Microsoft DigitalRiver Mirror (http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/)) but i'm lost to which file to download? there are multiple Windows 7 Home premium and basic...
My first post , hello to the group
I'm going to change MB an install a SSD ! Bought an OEM disk from FleBay W7-SP1-64bit with the Produce sticker in the sealed plastic container . Hope it works .
The question I have , while I'm waiting for this to arrive can I do an install from a W7-SP1-64bit download and then enter the product key # when it gets here early next week ? or should I wait ?...
I have Win 7 on a 2010 Toshiba laptop. Just tried upgrading to 10 and it was a disaster. Constant malfunctions and unusably slow. So I reverted to 7, and now on won't start. Goes to BSOD, then tries to enter "Startup Repair," which fails. I do have install disks for 7. Before going to 10 I tried to back up my files but now that I might have to wipe the drive I really would like to check files I...
I have a 5 year old dell inspiron running windows home premium 7 32 bit. It's been running very slowly recently, so thought I would try to load a system image that I had created previosly , but was told that there were corrupt files so had to abandon this.
I have my windows license key and I was led to believe that if went onto the microsoft web site I could download what i needed to re -...
I know there are many posts about PCs having the power supply still supplying power after you have done a Start/Power/Shutdown. I've looked over many of those and they give suggestions related to a system that has been in operation for a while. With possible causes like PSU, hardware or motherboard issues. But none of that applies here. This has got to be a setting I'm overlooking that is related...
Hi. It's been a while since I had to do a clean install of Windows. I have an old Dell Windows 7 machine with a failed hard drive. I'm going to pick up an sata 3 HD for it. When I reinstall Windows am I going to have to do anything in the bios or during the set up concerning Raid since I'm only using a single drive?
I've seen single drive machines that are somehow "raid 0" . The last time I...
I have a bit of trouble here trying to move system reserved (F) to (C), so that my OS can operate independently without the need of the other partition.
Tried using BCDboot/easybcd, but if I remove the hdd which has the system reserved, windows wouldn't boot.
Here is a screenshot of disk manager:
Hi i am trying to build a WDS setup where a Recovery partition is created. The recovery partition have the drive letter R, and the content of the drive corosponds to that of a bootable USB or CD.
I want to add my R drive to my BCD file and create a Boot loader entry that makes it possible to boot into the windows setup on the recovery drive and install windows anew on the C drive.
About a week ago I had the hdd fail on my desktop. I was able to find the "Lenovo Win7 Drivers Pack" and changed boot priorities, allowing me to repair the damage and to get my files off the old hdd before it failed completely.
I bought a new, blank hdd and tried to install Windows 7 from the same CD. The new hdd is recognized, and is second boot priority to the CD drive. When I boot up, I get...
windows 7 64bit hp
iso file named x15-65733.iso
windows 8 notebook
dvd usb drive
Nothing is on the hdd.
Want to install windows 7 64bit hp from dvd usb drive, which I cannot.
Tested these bios settings. Usb boot is enabled.
Setting bios -> boot -> boot mode -> uefi and setting bios -> security -> secure boot enabled => After 'press any key to install' and the loading files bar...
For some reason I am stuck with a win 7 x64 installation on a GIGABYTE low price MOBO running a core i5-4130. This installation of windows sits on a 500 GB Western Digital through SATA in AHCI mode. Recently I added a 120 GB SSD drive through SATA (inadvertently configured as IDE in BIOS peripherals). I had unplugged the first HDD (500 GB Western Digital) and proceeded with installing a fresh x64...
I really messed this up. I was playing with a bootable usb with Ubuntu on it and was curious to see what was involved in installing it on my computer. After getting into the various menus I decided to cancel/ exit the install. After that I could not restart my computer into windows. I just got a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I tried a Windows start up disc and it...
Does anyone have any experience using the sysprep procedure detailed here (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523217%28v=ws.10%29.aspx) to create an updated install image? If so, any known drawbacks vs slipstreaming updates to a mounted install.wim with DISM?
When a new desktop is built all the components start together and work together. What happens when one of the components is replaced in the system assuming that it is replaced with a component with the same manufacturer and part number. I've heard you can't change one of the components without causing big trouble, but I'm not sure if that is true
My Dad's laptop running Windows 7 crashed the other day, and after running Startup Repair, it found that compbatt.sys was corrupt. I tried copying over a good version from my pc & recovery partition but that only resulted in a blue screen.
Today, I attempted to do an upgrade installation of Windows 10 in order to preserve his files,etc.
We have a backup, but he's not 100% sure on it's...
Getting an error when i to load windows 7 ultimate installer on to my new computer.
Error message :
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change moghy be the cause.
Status : 0xc000000e
Info : The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessable.
Ive tried using the command prompt in windows installer for the following:
Accidentally did a clean boot and cleared everything in my windows 7 backup partition.
How do I retrieve this off of a hard drive to start again.
Thanks so much.
I have a Dell that came with Win8.1 installed and I updated to Win10.
I have decided to remove the Win10 HD, put it on the shelf, install a new bare HD and install a legal full retail version of Win7 OS on it. I will occasionally reinstall the Win10 HD to keep it updated, but will use the Win7 for daily use. Possibly sometime in the distant future I will go back to Windows 10 HD for daily use....
i run cmd as admin and i get the below
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The requested system device cannot be found.
not sure why it is not able to locate boot config
gpt partition and UEFI boot