Articles on this Page
- 07/01/16--07:48: _Will upgrading to W...
- 07/01/16--08:30: _Solved Just to be s...
- 07/02/16--23:11: _Upgrade to 'higher ...
- 07/03/16--08:24: _Solved System Reser...
- 07/03/16--09:49: _Unable to create a ...
- 07/04/16--13:03: _Upgrading to window...
- 07/04/16--13:35: _Win7 install: A req...
- 07/04/16--13:54: _replacing dead lapt...
- 07/04/16--08:29: _Trying to reinstall...
- 07/04/16--19:50: _win 7 pro
- 07/05/16--18:09: _New hard drive not ...
- 07/06/16--04:11: _Upgrading to Window...
- 07/06/16--10:52: _Computer would not ...
- 07/08/16--03:55: _Can I add an old wi...
- 07/08/16--07:45: _Win 7 clone ssd inv...
- 07/08/16--11:54: _New Install of Wind...
- 07/09/16--12:56: _Downgrade Windows 8...
- 07/10/16--06:34: _Solved Clean instal...
- 07/13/16--08:54: _AFTER reboot when I...
- 07/13/16--10:59: _About lost my sanit...
- 07/02/16--23:11: Upgrade to 'higher version' of windows 7
- 07/04/16--13:03: Upgrading to windows 10 before July 29th
- 07/04/16--13:35: Win7 install: A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing...
- 07/04/16--13:54: replacing dead laptop HDD with new SSD
- 07/04/16--08:29: Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff
- 07/04/16--19:50: win 7 pro
- 07/05/16--18:09: New hard drive not recognized by W7 installer?
- 07/06/16--04:11: Upgrading to Windows 10
- 07/06/16--10:52: Computer would not boot disconnecting storage drives
- 07/08/16--03:55: Can I add an old windows 7 hd into a new windows 10 computer
- 07/08/16--07:45: Win 7 clone ssd invalid partitions table
- 07/08/16--11:54: New Install of Windows 7 and can't Update it.
- 07/10/16--06:34: Solved Clean install asking for CD/DVD driver
- 07/13/16--08:54: AFTER reboot when INSTALLING Win10 it ROLLSBACK to previous OS
- 07/13/16--10:59: About lost my sanity trying to reserve Win 10
I have been having a serious issue with my laptop lately. I am using Windows 7, and every time I try to copy a file from one place to another, be it on the computer or from USB, explorer crashes and restarts. This means I cannot backup my files onto an external HDD, which is what I wanted to do in order to reformat.
I have tried sfc/scannow, disk defrag, scanned with...
I upgraded to windows 10 and went back to windows 7 so now I can upgrade to windows 10 at any time for free right?
I have windows 7 home premium. Unsure if it OEM or the retail version.
I want to upgrade it to windows 7 professional retail version.
The anytime upgrade does not work.
How do I do this so its genuine software?
just to be clear.
I AM NOT LOOKING TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10
I'm a noob to the forum but have read a tonne of threads on here and always find it a great source of info.
I'm trying to encrypt my Windows 7 laptop using full drive encryption through VeraCrypt. I know VeraCrypt well and have used it a lot, and I'm a CEH so I know a fair bit about computers. I'm not totally computer illiterate!
First issue I had with VeraCrypt was an error...
I am getting this error while installing windows 7 again!
My earlier win 7 got corrupted and i am trying to reinstall it.
I am using USB drive.
I have tried re-inserting pen drive and diskpart method to set the location of the partition.but both solutions are useless!
What can be the reason and what should i do?
OK don't panic i have no plans to upgrade to win 10 anytime soon however i would like to take advantage of the free upgrade to win 10 and keep the ISO file and the win 10 SN's.
I have Win 7 U x64 running on a 250GB SSD (C Drive, which is only used in an emergency) and then the main OS which again is a win 7 U x64 of a 500GB SSD (D Drive) which is what i use 99% of the time, drive C is...
I'm trying to do a clean install of Win7 Pro 64-Bit, inc SP1, on a friends HP EliteBook 850 G3 via a bootable USB stick drive.
The installation started, then I got the missing device driver error message above.
I tried again with the OEM disc in an external USB optical drive and got the same message.
The EliteBook 850 G3 only has USB 3 ports... which I think may be the...
My hard drive on my Dell Studio 1745 running Windows 7 SP1 has died and will not boot. I purchased an SSD and want to know if I need to align or do anything other than remove the dead HDD replace it with the SSD and run boot with the Windows Installation CD that came with my laptop.
I built my own computer and at that time I purchased a copy of Win 7 SP 1. I installed it without a problem and it has been working well for 2 years.
Lately things have started to slip.... my Windows Media Player stopped working and I tried everything I seen on YouTube to fix but can't get it.
So, I decided to reinstall Win 7 SP 1 and I am trying not to lose my programs and data. I do have...
where can i get a win 7 pro download? i have a product key
I own a Dell Dimension e520, it's an older machine that had Windows XP on it. I replaced the power supply and hard drive, and bought Windows 7 32-bit. The plan is to upgrade it to 10 before the July 29 deadline, I just hope I can meet it in time. From what I've read, this machine is capable of 7 and should be good with 10.
I've managed to boot from the Windows 7 install disc, but when I get to...
I would like to know about upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 using the free upgrade.
My Question is this after the date expires on the 29th of July what happens to the users that need to do installations of windows 10 on new hardware such as hard drive upgrades, Virus attacks, or even system file corruption will there license still be excepted as they entered it Pre expiration or...
OK, I was preparing my computer to do a clean install of Windows 7. A few weeks ago I inquired if it would be safer to disconnect my storage drives prior to doing a clean install of Windows 7. I went ahead and disconnected my storage drives except my computer would not boot up. I got a message telling me I had a boot up failure and to install my system disc and hit Enter. I did that, but...
I've been fighting the change to 10 because some software I use for a volunteer organization isn't compatible and buying a new version would run about $500.00. I'd like a new pc with 10 and I'm wondering if I move the hd from my old pc into an empty slot in the new pc would allow me to have a dual boot system. I realize there will be some driver conflicts when I try and use the windows 7 drive...
Yes, I know cloning on ssd is a lot of problem, I didnt understood that when I did the move sometimes ago...2 years. It is a system very loaded and difficult to rebuild so I want to repair it.
I already been able to boot in win but each time at reboot, the pbr is corrupt, or the bcd is not accessible; 0xc00000e or invalid part table or no boot found etc.
In so many hours I searched to...
I need some advice on installing Windows 7 updates on a new install. Most of the time I can wing it to get these updates installed but it seams I'm stuck. As is posted all over the net using Windows update in 7 just sits there and spins "searching for updates" for hours on end (I ran for 9 hr's and it was still looking) and each of MS's stand alone installers KB3145739,...
Hello, English is not my native language, so... if something is confuse tell me.
I've got a Dell Inspiron 5558, here's driver download page: Product Support | Dell US (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers)
It came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed and I wanted to downgrade to Windows 7.
So I've got a Windows 7 iso and use rufus....
I am doing a clean install on an Acer Veriton Z290G. I boot from the CD/DVD drive and it loads the files ok and then when I select install now I get a message :
A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.
I looked on Acers site at the drivers and don't see it. Or maybe I don't understand. Anyone know...
Help! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
After downloading and Installing windows 10 upgrade via Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, I clicked reboot then after reboot nothings happens. It only reboots then starting up as usual. Btw, I'm using windows 8. But when I installed it on my win7 PC, it installed. I already downloaded it twice but nothing happens, my internet is nearly being capped. How can...
Ok since the deadline to reserve is coming up, I'm trying to get my Win 10 copy reserved so I don't have to pay for it when I'm eventually forced into upgrading. Let me reiterate that I'm only trying to reserve, not install Win 10.
A few months ago, the Win 10 compatibility tool told me my system was fine and that I could download Win 10 now and install later, so elected to do that. It...