Articles on this Page
- 07/13/16--11:18: _Windows 7 Installat...
- 07/14/16--03:25: _[Downgrade W10 to W...
- 07/14/16--08:39: _upgrade to windows ...
- 07/14/16--09:00: _Dell OEM License re...
- 07/14/16--12:44: _Solved Is Windows 7...
- 07/15/16--22:54: _Stuck in an install...
- 07/16/16--04:14: _Upgrade to 10 from ...
- 07/16/16--15:42: _From Windows7 to Wi...
- 07/18/16--11:33: _Windows 7 x64 insta...
- 07/18/16--12:11: _bootloader screen s...
- 07/20/16--12:44: _Need help installin...
- 07/20/16--15:28: _Windows 7 installat...
- 07/21/16--14:30: _Solved I want to tr...
- 07/21/16--21:10: _Problem with SSD in...
- 07/22/16--04:57: _Windows 10 won't co...
- 07/22/16--11:21: _win 10/win7 update ...
- 07/22/16--20:12: _Clean Install Windo...
- 07/23/16--07:58: _Windows 7 Laptop Ke...
- 07/24/16--03:32: _Remove PC from Doma...
- 07/24/16--03:53: _How to fast install...
- 07/13/16--11:18: Windows 7 Installation Hang up. Should I Re-Install?
- 07/14/16--03:25: [Downgrade W10 to W7] Windows 7 won't boot
- 07/14/16--08:39: upgrade to windows 10, keeping onedrive
- 07/14/16--09:00: Dell OEM License reinstall help - same key on each
- 07/14/16--12:44: Solved Is Windows 7 x64 UEFI install even possible?
- 07/16/16--04:14: Upgrade to 10 from 7 goes in circles
- 07/16/16--15:42: From Windows7 to Windows10
- 07/18/16--11:33: Windows 7 x64 install (BIOS problems)
- 07/18/16--12:11: bootloader screen stretched, it was compact
- 07/20/16--12:44: Need help installing win7 ultimate to asus notebook
- 07/20/16--15:28: Windows 7 installation freezes on Starting Windows
- 07/21/16--21:10: Problem with SSD in system with other HDD
- 07/22/16--04:57: Windows 10 won't continue install after reboot.
- 07/22/16--11:21: win 10/win7 update for 2 win7pro oem+ 2 win7home retail pc to update
- 07/22/16--20:12: Clean Install Windows Key ?
- 07/23/16--07:58: Windows 7 Laptop Key Help Needed
- 07/24/16--03:32: Remove PC from Domain and keep domain profile as local profile?
- 07/24/16--03:53: How to fast install Windows from Hard Disk
I've read through a couple of Windows 7 installation threads, but none that I've seen have the same result. I re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit because my computer was stuck in a reboot loop when the Windows icon appeared. Sometimes it would boot after three tries, sometimes eight, sometimes none at all. System repair could never repair it, so I decided to just go from scratch...
Hello sevenforum users,
I have been trying to replace pre-installed Windows 10 to Windows 7 x64 in UEFI (Secure boot disabled) on my girlfriend lap Acer V15 V3-575G-50W2. Bios version is 1.10. I have various reasons to downgrade, please accept it :p
I almost have lost my sanity with such a task (why should be so difficult to install another OS?)
As I wrote earlier, I wan't to install W7 in...
I want to upgrade to Windows 10. I have already downloaded and installed OneDrive tool and my files are locally stored on my PC. Should I be afraid if I upgrade to Windows 10 those files will be lost and I need to do things again.
I have around 5 different models of Dell Machines (Vostro 430's & Optiplex 7010's) which have no OS on as they have had Linux on for past few years. I now need to reinstall Windows 7 but have a concern with the Dell recovery disc I am using.
Each machine has a Windows 7 Professional OA sticker on with a license key - how can I get an OEM CD which can be used on each machine then I input the...
i joined this forum because i found a lot of interesting information here regarding Windows installations and unattended setups.
I've been in I.T. for 15 years installing windows since 3.1
We now are a a crucial step in Microsoft Windows life where all the computers with USB3.0 support, UEFI only and no legacy BIOS support are not compatible with Windows anymore.
When you try...
What steps should I follow with my HDD to insure a proper installation?
Previously, I was stuck in an installation loop between BIOS - which saw my western digital black harddrive - and the windows installer which got to "where do you want to install windows" and then gave me a message saying something to the effect could not find a hard drive to install on.
Then, I would be sent...
I formatted a old laptop HDD and put W10 on it using their media creation tool downloaded onto a USB. It worked fine except that I installed W10 pro and not W10 Home and it would not let me activate the new W10 because you have to upgrade compatible versions. It knew I had W7 home from my W7 product key.
So I reformatted the HDD and tried again but this time I end up at the message:
i have been posting about this before but now i have the error code so better to create an new discussion
Tried again to upgrade from 7 to 10 but i get an error code
for this reason the installation failed
I did read on internet about the error code but looks like if there is no solution...............why Microsoft keeps bothering nee about thi bloody upgrade instead of...
I have a motherboard GIGABYTE B150M-D3H DDR3.
Can you help me please?
I have problems to pass Windows 10 to Windows 7.
Where are in the bios of my motherboard the steps 1 and 2? I don´t find them.
Step 1: Change Mode UEFI Bios to Mode Legacy
boot > boot mode (enter) > select legacy bios (enter) > save changes
The boot loader screen is stretched, would like to see the compact version of same. I was here before I think and was able to toggle between the two at boot (multi-boot) with keyboard keys and then subsequent boots kept this selection. I forgot how. This has occurred with windows 10 upgrade to a partition on the same disk.
I still use windows 7 often and would like to view compact boot...
I have Asus K501UX-Q72S-CB Bilingual Notebook, i7-6500U windows 10 installed. I would like to wipeout the harddrive and install win7 ultimate.
Use rufus to create the win7 installer but got stuck during installation on the language screen with no mouse cursor.
Sorry for my bad English. (I speak Dutch)
I found on the Internet a video of what happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkY7Zu9B6JY
THE PC IS SUPPLIED BY 10 THEREFORE upgraded OF 7 TO 10 SO BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION IS NOT!
I bought a laptop Acer Aspire E1-522
Ive done this before on another E6530..but that one blew a mother board so I bought used E6530. But it won't boot up. It shows a blue screen then shuts fast down trying to restart. So I can't get the error code from the blue screen. I tried safe mode no dice.
Is there a way I can get this to boot up into Win7 and deal with any driver or hardware changes between the two? I would think they...
Well, Im afraid Ive made a mess of my desktop system (Dell XPS 9100 with Win 7 Pro 64-bit). Replacing the HDD in my laptop with an SSD went so smoothly I bought another SSD for the desktop. I made a complete backup of the HDD with Win 7 backup and restore, and also made an image file of the drive. The backup is on the NAS on my network. I installed the SSD physically in the computer but did not...
I'm not sure if this is the place for it but I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. Iv'e had a few problems with the process but I have gotten as far as the computer rebooting in order to start the installation, but it just reboots to Windows 7, no errors or other messages, not even any time added to the boot process.
I'm using 64bit, turned off all antivirus etc, unplugged USB...
Yes, I have my product keys for all 4 versions.
2 win7pro oem 64bit, Only 1 disk for pro, other I seem to have misplaced at the moment.
+ 2 win7home retail 1- 64bit, the other dell 32bit pc .recovery disks for the 2 home ver. with all the extra crap they cram into retail pc's.
1. maybe a clean install on all 4 pc's, ( yes, I will make backups and additional copy for...
I'm thinking about doing a clean Win7 install onto an SSD. The PC came with Win7 64 bit Home. I updated to Win7 64 bit Ultimate using another Key. I didn't re-install anything, the Ultimate Key just unlocked the Ultimate version that was already "hidden" within Windows.
If I do a clean install should I use the original Restore discs I created when the PC was new & use the original Key, & then...
I've just sold a Sony laptop for spares and repairs on eBay, it doesn't have the hard drive in due to it being corrupt but it has a Product Key sticker on the bottom.
For the recipient to use the laptop, would I have to deactivate the key from the laptop for him to use it, if not should I remove the sticker?
Many thanks in advance.
I want to remove a PC from a domain and keep the actual domain-profile as a local profile.
I would like to keep all the settings for the installed programs and all my data in the various user folders like \documents, \music, \videos, \pictures ...
Do you have any tutorial like this one (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147545-user-profile-folder-change-user-account-folder-name.html) to do...
Hi every body !
Today I will teach you how to fast install Windows from the hard drive with BootICE. You may have to install Windows 32bit from Windows 64bit and backwards.
NOTE: This guide applies to Hard Disk Drive Lecagy-MBR
Download Tool: https://goo.gl/gx1E8c
*Step 1:* Extract Windows Installer ISO Format on another drive you want to install Windows.
Example: You want to install...