Articles on this Page
- 07/25/16--07:28: _How to access recov...
- 07/25/16--14:42: _Solved Issues insta...
- 07/25/16--15:49: _Cannot D/L Win 7 ISO
- 07/26/16--06:49: _Two active partitio...
- 07/26/16--13:21: _Windows 7 EFI insta...
- 07/26/16--15:50: _recovery media for ...
- 07/27/16--00:08: _Installing windows ...
- 07/27/16--10:55: _Before upgrading to 10
- 07/27/16--15:23: _10 upgrade not happ...
- 07/27/16--17:10: _How Remove Bad New ...
- 07/28/16--07:24: _Windows7 Installer ...
- 07/28/16--07:34: _No KB-number found;...
- 07/28/16--11:24: _USB Code 10 error o...
- 07/28/16--12:09: _Compatibility durin...
- 07/28/16--23:56: _Will old win7 dvd k...
- 07/29/16--05:54: _Solved GPT muddle
- 07/29/16--14:42: _Windows 7 Upgrade t...
- 07/29/16--20:04: _Unable to repair my...
- 07/29/16--22:45: _Windows 7/10 Dual B...
- 07/30/16--01:51: _Finding downloads i...
- 07/25/16--07:28: How to access recovery partition
- 07/25/16--14:42: Solved Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...
- 07/25/16--15:49: Cannot D/L Win 7 ISO
- 07/26/16--06:49: Two active partitions on same drive?
- 07/26/16--13:21: Windows 7 EFI install hangs on "Starting Windows" screen
- 07/26/16--15:50: recovery media for a Dell
- 07/27/16--00:08: Installing windows info
- 07/27/16--10:55: Before upgrading to 10
- 07/27/16--15:23: 10 upgrade not happening
- 07/27/16--17:10: How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine?
- 07/28/16--07:24: Windows7 Installer not recognizing USB drives
- 07/28/16--07:34: No KB-number found; necessary for recovering manifest file
- 07/28/16--11:24: USB Code 10 error on Macrium cloned SSD EVO 840 to EVO 850
- 07/28/16--12:09: Compatibility during attempted repair install of Windows 7
- 07/28/16--23:56: Will old win7 dvd key works for newest win 7 install?
- 07/29/16--05:54: Solved GPT muddle
- 07/29/16--14:42: Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 but Users Folder Moved 2nd Drive
- 07/29/16--20:04: Unable to repair my laptop using installation/repair disc (.iso)
- 07/29/16--22:45: Windows 7/10 Dual Boot (BIOS, Partitions, etc.)
- 07/30/16--01:51: Finding downloads in Win 7
*Question:* How do I restore to the factory settings/ perform a factory reset when it is not listed under the System Recovery Options, but there is an active recovery & healthy partition?
When I attempt to factory restore or access the recovery partition, Dell sometimes has it listed in the Advanced Boot Options, but a lot of the times it is not listed. I will have the following options:
Hi - I got a new hard drive for my Acer laptop. I tried many things in the tutorials to no avail.
Hard Drive: Toshiba (3935) 7mm 500GB Serial ATA-2.6 5400RPM HDD
Laptop: Acer Aspire V5-122P-0408
The last thing I did was I hit Shift-F10 and run the diskpart command and eventually put in this command, as stated in the help forums:
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming...
I tried to download an ISO from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7.
After entering my product key it returned an error.
I am sure the key is correct (Used 2 utilities to find it).
The OS was pre-installed on this machine.
SP1 may have been added later - would this change the key?
Any ideas what's going wrong?
I was working on a user's PC for a separate issue when I noticed something odd. She has a single 1TB drive with two partitions (C: and D:). Her user profile is on C: and that's where the windows install is but the computer would not let me delete the D: volume as it said it was active. can I simply right click the C:, mark it as active then delete the D: volume? Also, how come C: does not show...
I want to do a clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on the Intel R1304WTTGSR server (S2600W motherboard). The specs for this server say Windows 7 EFI is compatible and has been tested with this server. The server does not come with any O/S installed.
The firmware ("BIOS") is set to boot using EFI. AFAIK, this means it cannot boot using BIOS ("Legacy") mode.
When I boot the Windows...
sorry if this is the wrong section, however it seemed closest to my issue..
the gist of my situation is that lve been provided a laptop to repair.. namely a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110, when l received it earlier it was unbootable which lve since solved the registry was completely corrupted which lve since resolved, however with over 400 processes in the background it definitely needs to be...
I bought the install disk for Windows 7 Professional 64bit and I installed it on my custom build on an ssd. Ever since I did that my internet has been really slow with both my wired and wireless connections.
My question is if I do the free Windows 10 upgrade they keep asking me to do can I reinstall my windows 7 with the disk at anytime if I decide I want to go back to it?
On a spare hard drive I have, I Installed 7 Pro 64Bit w/SP1.
How, if possible, do I upgrade to 10 w/o having to download all the Telemetry KB updates?
After more than 24 hours, I was finally able to install much needed updates and could proceed to upgrading to 10. Using the download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade?wa=wsignin1.0 and would receive the error in attachment 1, which happen both times I tried around 80-81%. After the second attempt I posed this question to MS Community as seen here,...
I have an old XP machine.
An Acer Aspire.
I put Win7 Ultimate on it but it hasn't taken. Always gives me an error message and asks for the install disk again - which was a USB stick - but when i provide it nothing changes.
So I need to get it off and start again.
I have 3 physical disks divided into 4 virtual disks.
Hello there, first time pc builder and first time posting so please excuse if some of my questions seem a bit silly:D
I'am having an issue with my windows 7 installer, displaying "A required CD/DVD driver is missing" when using a USB as a bootable device
I'am using the USB in the 2.0 slot and when I use the repair my computer option and open up the command prompt, and use "diskpart" then...
As the Microsoft W10-offer is about to run out, and as I have not been able to take them up on it due to missing files which made Microsoft roll back the upgrade, I present my problem here so to have it resolved in time.
I prefer an upgrade so I don't have to reinstall all my programs.
My Checksurlog indicates 1 CSI Manifest Missing and 41 CSI Payload Files Missing.
In the thread...
I'm an admitted newbie to Macrium Reflect free cloning SSD to SSD, but have had good luck doing cloning for a trial upgrade of W10.
However, I have developed a peculiar (it seems) problem with USB not being functional on the cloned SSD. Systems is a i5 4670k, MB: GA-X87X-UD3H running EVO SSD for Win7 OS and two HD for data.
Boot OS SSD Config, all GPT:
A) Original boot SSD is EVO 840 120...
I have Win 7 Professional x64 SP1.
Because of serious Windows update problems it has been suggested that I need to do a repair install of Win 7. I have a Dell OEM version of the OS but, fortunately, I managed to download a Win 7 ISO last year from Digital River before MS stopped these downloads.
Using the repair install tutorial on this forum I started following the instructions. All went...
Ive read the guide that you can get newest? windows 7 iso from official ms website.
I thought, if i reinstall my very old dvd version i would require tons of patches. Will my dvd key work if i get latest win 7 iso?
1. I have windows 7 home premium. (oem)
2. And i have new mobo, because old is gone.
P.S. my dvd still works and its not that big deal but it doesnt even includes sp1.....
hello folks - we are getting in a pickle here, would appreciate some help.
Husband has a UEFI Bios 64 bit PC running Windows Seven 32bit, and he bought a 64 bit copy of the OS so he could change and take advantage of more memory.
When he tried to install the OS it said it needed to have a GPT partition, not MBR.
He put a blank drive in and in Disk Management it asked if he wanted to...
When I did the Windows 7 install, I am not sure whether during sysprep or using something called Profile Re-locator, I moved the Users Folder from the C: OS drive to my second E: data drive.
I want to upgrade to Win 10 and have been putting it off.
I forgot how to move the users folder back prior to the upgrade.
*Windows OS I'm trying to install = Windows 7 Home Premium x64
*Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a system repair?
I've tried everything on the repair disc but none of it seems to be working for me.
It doesn't even detect my operating system when it asks me to choose a recovery tool.
The OS just says "*Unknown on (Unknown) Local Disk*". When I try fixing it with...
1. I have a Windows 10 upgrade registration ready for post-deadline.
2. I have a 256 GB SSD (my OEM Windows 7 Pro x64 is here), and a 3 TB storage drive (very much in use!) where I ultimately want to have the second OS.
3. I have USB, Microsoft USB tool, and various OS images ready.
4. I have EasyBCD ready; I have only created a second boot entry in preparation for the...
I'm attempting to download
to allow Thunderbird to be manually sorted. The DL is fine, but it just vanishes. I think that it goes into
c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\cannot find this!!\manage*.something
where the manage bit is the file in question.
The folder after MS is the last one, and it is not coming up...