Articles on this Page
- 09/27/16--14:18: _SOS for OS upgrade
- 09/29/16--06:24: _Windows 7 disc goin...
- 09/29/16--06:30: _Install Win 7 itali...
- 09/29/16--18:57: _Install / Update CD...
- 09/30/16--19:56: _Dual Boot - Windows...
- 09/30/16--23:13: _Computer won't boot...
- 10/01/16--12:21: _Solved Error 0x8007...
- 10/01/16--12:40: _Yet another startup...
- 10/01/16--23:27: _Samsung R439 unable...
- 10/02/16--01:15: _Drive 0 Unallocated...
- 10/02/16--11:33: _Assign Windows inst...
- 10/02/16--23:37: _How to wipe an SSD ...
- 10/03/16--11:58: _Error loading Windo...
- 10/04/16--14:15: _Fresh Windows 7 Ult...
- 10/05/16--02:28: _Can't access my win...
- 10/06/16--08:15: _How to install RDP ...
- 10/06/16--14:50: _New build isn't rea...
- 10/08/16--16:14: _Reducing reserved p...
- 10/10/16--09:41: _downgrading from Wi...
- 10/10/16--16:39: _Downloading Windows...
- 09/27/16--14:18: SOS for OS upgrade
- 09/29/16--06:24: Windows 7 disc going to blank blue screen without install option
- 09/29/16--06:30: Install Win 7 italian by using an english ISO
- 09/29/16--18:57: Install / Update CD's besides MS Original Win 7 Disks (SP1)
- 09/30/16--19:56: Dual Boot - Windows 7x64 UEFI Install BSOD on Reboot 0x0000007e
- 09/30/16--23:13: Computer won't boot properly after reverting from Windows 10
- 10/01/16--12:21: Solved Error 0x80070570 when installing ANY 32bit version of Windows
- 10/01/16--12:40: Yet another startup issue after OS migration
- 10/02/16--01:15: Drive 0 Unallocated Space with Error: 0x80070017
- 10/02/16--11:33: Assign Windows installation to a different letter than C?
- 10/02/16--23:37: How to wipe an SSD before doing a clean install?
- 10/03/16--11:58: Error loading Windows when setting up dual boot
- 10/04/16--14:15: Fresh Windows 7 Ultimate reverts to Basic + Malware
- 10/05/16--02:28: Can't access my win7 ultimate
- 10/06/16--08:15: How to install RDP 8.1 in pure Win7 x64 SP1
- 10/06/16--14:50: New build isn't reading from USB drive
- 10/08/16--16:14: Reducing reserved partition volume on local drive
- 10/10/16--09:41: downgrading from Win 10
- 10/10/16--16:39: Downloading Windows ISO
I would like to try and do something I have never done before, and could sure use some support and guidance. I would like to upgrade my factory installed Vista to Windows Seven. I plan to purchase a new, complete, retail copy of a 32 bit W7 program on Ebay with the product key, to install in my Dell Dimension E521.
My plans are to save all important files onto a CD Rom prior...
So i try to do clean install and when i boot from dvd i get windows is loading files, and after that blank blue screen with cursor, no repair computer or install windows, just blue background, thoughts?
A friend of mine left to me his netbook, a Toshiba NB-500 with 1 GB of memory and an 64bit atom CPU. The system is upgraded to windows 10 (32bit) from the original windows 7 starter (I think it was 32bit too) on a netbook.
The netbook is too slow, so I firstly checked for viruses and malwares, then I disabled all startup applications and not-MS services. I also changed to a lighter antivirus...
Is there a list somewhere where one can download and/or create a CD(s) for all Windows 7 Updates beyond the origial Windows 7 (SP1) disks?
So I got a new laptop its a Lenovo Y700-15ISK, UEFI Bios. I am trying to get the machine to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10. I installed Windows 10 first, no problem. Windows 7x64 is just not working.
My windows 10 was a fresh install, slipstreamed updates and drivers from Lenovo using NTLite.
Windows 7, slipstreamed all Lenovo Windows 7x64 drivers, also windows updates...
Hello. The problem is with my parents' computer. Their computer was upgraded some time ago from XP to Windows 7 (it can still boot into XP if needs be). They recently agreed to me upgrading it to Windows 10, but didn't like it, and wanted me to return it to Windows 7. This was within the 30-day period, so that option was taken. However, the reversion to Windows 7 failed. Part way through...
So, I faced this problem 2 years ago, yet, I can't solve it.
A few years back, I've got a new *Toshiba Satellite C850-B797 laptop*. It came with Windows 7 64-bit, few months later I forced to format it and install a new Windows; However, since that time, I'm locked out of ANY 64-bit version of Win.
Though, ANY 32-bit version of Win will install without problem (WHY??).
The error code is...
Like a number of people, I used the Samsung data migration tool to transfer my Win7 operating system from one SSD to a larger one, and afterwords discovered that Windows would not start unless both drives were plugged in. I have spent the better part of 6 days trying every "Try this and see if it works!" solution I can find on the net, and none of them have worked for me. The original drive is an...
I have an old Samsung laptop R439. It came with Windows 7 professional. Lately it was filled with lots of viruses so I decided to perform a clean install with my genuine Windows 7 ultimate disk. First I formatted the hard drive and created 3 new partitions. Then installed the windows (32bit). Everything went well until I got the "Windows is now preparing your desktop" screen. Then it restarted...
I've built a new gaming pc. I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64. The installer says Windows can't be installed to this drive. The only options that aren't greyed out are Refresh, Load Driver, and New.
I click New with the default size of 953869 mb, hit Apply, and it comes back with We couldn't create a new partition [Error: 0x80070017].
I've tried formatting with Diskpart and it...
Had a crazy thought. Wouldn't assigning Windows installation to a different drive letter than C help in some measure against infections? Or I guess even after installing Windows, just change drive C to another letter.
Obviously for sophisticated infections this might not work, but wouldn't generic infections have code that assumes the system is installed on the default C drive, so the virus...
I have an older netbook that had been running XP Home for years. Last week I installed Windows 10 Pro on it, but it ran terribly slow. Now I'd like to try installing Windows 7 Pro.
When I installed Windows 10 I also replaced the system HDD with an SSD, so it was unformatted when I began. I made a USB flash key for the installation and it booted and installed Windows 10 without any problems.
I have a computer running Windows 7 Home Premium (Advent SE 1101), is about 6 years old and is a basic model but it suits my needs, but I thought I'd set up a dual boot system with Windows XP as this would run old games that I have (I've tried compatibility mode with no success). I know how to set up a dual boot, but have come across a problem.
What I done first was partition my HDD, I set...
First time posting here and I have an odd problem. So I have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate which is 32&64 bit and I've been using this copy for years without problems. Whenever I'd install Windows it would always ask me to choose which version I'd want.
Fast forward to now, my friend would like to sell his desktop. When I put the CD in it does not prompt me to choose if I want 32...
I'm using a multi-boot pc, winxp, win7 and win10.
My HD is ailing, and I plan to replace it, and managed to bring back to life all my OSs but Win7 (Ultimate).
I can access win7 in Safe Mode, but standard mode shows an uncomplete screen, with no icons on it but my trash can. (See attached pic)
I checked my event log while on safe mode, but looks like the only relevant information refers to...
I'm attempting RDP upgrade to version 8.1 on machines without internet access and without any installed updates past SP1 (mid-2011). Based on info from MS website, the following msu packages are required:
My question is, in which order should I install them?
I just finished building my first pc and have booted it with a USB dvd drive connected, I have tried to put the windows 7 install disk in but it won't "suck" the disk in. I have tried creating a USB drive that I can boot from but when I select that to boot from and reset it doesn't boot from the drive.
I honestly have no idea what to do, can someone help me?
Recently I had a pc I was working on that worked very slowly or to the point of nothing responding that was very infected over 1400 detections of various virus's ,a bot and lots of other pup. I removed all threats and then went to manage the drive. 250GB hdd with 2 partitions. healthy partion with 148GB but also a reserved partition at 100GB. The partition was created during OS install. Why is...
I'm not sure which forum I should be in to ask this question, so I'll start here and hope someone can help me.
I have an HP Envy laptop that's 4-5 years old. It came with Win 8 and disks to downgrade to Win 7. Last July (2015) I upgraded to Win 10, and a few weeks ago I upgraded to Anniversary Ed.
I have had nothing but trouble for over a year with Win 10, and I want to leave it...
I'm thinking it's time to start fresh and remembered hearing that a Win 7 iso is available that has the latest updates baked in (guess I'd use GWX to unbake the win 10 junk).
My win 7 is a retail version bought many moons ago. I went to :
Access Denied (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7)
and entered my number from a few different machines, but got the...