Articles on this Page
- 11/10/16--03:34: _I upgraded to win 1...
- 11/10/16--07:56: _Windows cannot inst...
- 11/11/16--09:50: _One Computer Using ...
- 11/11/16--12:44: _Can't select "Bubbl...
- 11/12/16--01:13: _2 User Folders one ...
- 11/12/16--17:11: _Installing WIN7 on ...
- 11/13/16--03:43: _Restoring Using Del...
- 11/13/16--10:21: _Don't have install ...
- 11/14/16--04:52: _Can I install Win7 ...
- 11/15/16--01:05: _Should I reformat W...
- 11/15/16--02:08: _Fresh install. Good...
- 11/15/16--03:37: _Changing default in...
- 11/16/16--07:49: _Fresh install of Wi...
- 11/16/16--13:22: _I want to install u...
- 11/18/16--05:05: _Solved System Reser...
- 11/18/16--13:56: _Solved Can't Triple...
- 11/18/16--15:57: _Win7 install won't ...
- 11/20/16--10:52: _windows 7 home disk...
- 11/20/16--13:57: _diskpart has encoun...
- 11/20/16--21:36: _My default boot is ...
- 11/10/16--07:56: Windows cannot install on Disk
- 11/11/16--12:44: Can't select "Bubbles" Screensave
- 11/12/16--01:13: 2 User Folders one User Account
- 11/12/16--17:11: Installing WIN7 on new laptop freezes at "STARTING WINDOWS".
- 11/13/16--03:43: Restoring Using Dell Factory Partition - can I move to SSD?
- 11/13/16--10:21: Don't have install DVD for windows how do I get it.
- 11/14/16--04:52: Can I install Win7 64 on an old P4 PC?
- 11/15/16--01:05: Should I reformat Windows partition before re-installing?
- 11/15/16--03:37: Changing default install location
- 11/16/16--07:49: Fresh install of Win 7 from original System on SSD
- 11/16/16--13:22: I want to install ubuntu on windows laptop
- 11/18/16--05:05: Solved System Reserved?
- 11/18/16--13:56: Solved Can't Triple Boot XP Pro x86 with 7 & 10 x64
- 11/20/16--10:52: windows 7 home disk no auto load
- 11/20/16--13:57: diskpart has encountered an error, during "clean", I/O device error
- 11/20/16--21:36: My default boot is set to restore and I can't boot Windows
As I said in the subject line I took advantage of the free Win 10 upgrade and keep running into a lot of different problems. I decided today rather than waste the little extra time trying to find out what is causing all these issues I would rather start over from a very clean disk and install my Win 7.
I always install my OS on one drive and keep all my storage on other drives.
I saw a...
Trying to install windows on my computer. When choosing disk to install on I only got one choice looks like this.
Also tried making a partition
I have myh main PC with WIN7 and has a 2nd HD used for misc storage. I also have a old dell business desktop (no graphics card) with XP I use to play my old games which I enjoy. Is it possible to have my WIN7 on it's existing drive and install XP on the other?
I need to reenable the "Bubbles" screensaver. I have the ability to select a screensaver (the list isn't grayed out) but I think the service is disabled and I don't know how to find it to reenable it. Can someone please help me out?
I have 2 User Folders - say Mog and Mog-PC in my C drive under Users. But I do not have a User ACCOUNT for Mog - only one, an Administrative Account, for Mog-PC which is the one I use most. In trying to get rid of
Mog I have set up 2 other administrative accounts with completely different names and a Standard User Account and copied most of the Mog and Mog-PC folders over to each of them.
TL;DR: New laptop with Linpus Linux, can't install Windows from bootable USB, [title] among errors.
Hi. I'm quite desperate to make a forum post, so please help me, as I've been googling and trying all I could for the last 5 hours.
Bought new laptop(ACER ASPIRE E 15) and it came with a preinstalled Linpus Linux(no GUI), which has no DVD tray - so I have to install Windows through a...
I have a question that I would be very grateful to have assistance on.
I have a 5 year old Dell XPS i7 PC that recently became unable to perform Windows Updates and so I intend to use the factory partition to go back to a new install. I also enjoy all the decrapping and adding programs but I find myself a little short of expertise from time to time. I have an expert who can bale me out...
Do i have to contact Microsoft for them to send me a new DVD? If so to what email address?
I already own the product key but don't have the DVD, i know i can download the iso but i need the official DVD and case.
I have an old desktop PC running on Pentium 4 + 4 GB RAM, I checked and this version of the processor does support 64bit OS. but what will be the impact of the Windows 7? can it handle it? the current Win XP is responsive enough except under heavy loads, can I expect something similar with Win 7?
I have Win 7 Home Premium SP1 on Dell Inspiron 17R 5720, 4 GB RAM.
I have Windows and programs on C: partition. Data is on E: partition.
I want to do a clean re-install of Win 7 SP1, and leave all the data on E:
My question is: Should I format the C: partition before re-install?
I saw this post by Alejandro85 here:
I've done a long-overdue clean install of Windows 7 and everything was fine (except for the 2-day wait for updates to become available). However, now i am trying to install a second SSD for the purposes of dual booting with Linux.
Windows just refuses to boot unless i disconnect that second SSD. There is no problem with detection or me not selecting the right boot device etc. Windows...
I tried doing this the other night by following this: Secondary Harddrive question - [Solved] - Storage (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1792156/secondary-harddrive-question.html) but it messed a lot of shortcuts etc up. I just want it so when I go to install a new program it will automatically point to my D drive, is doing only that possible? If so, which one do I change? Thanks.
Didn't think it was over a year since I was last here--time passes!
Is it possible to reinstall Win 7 Pro SP1 using the system installed on a 128Gb SSD in a external housing--via USB?
I have a VAIO Notebook, from which I have removed the SSD--the system works fine.
I have replaced the SSD with the original standard HD -- 250Gb. I have wiped this HD--it is now clean. Can I transfer the SSD...
I need your help in installing ubuntu on my new machine. The reason why i have come here is because installing windows 10 on my laptop after i installed an SSD was a pain, and i dont want to ruin anything. It took me forever for some reason and i also would like to keep my windows boot loader as well just in case id like to remove ubuntu.
I want to install ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my...
1. Despite following this tutorial ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html ) am getting the partition.
2. On reinstall, I get 2 partitions SR and Windows, click on drive options, delete SR and Windows, get all space as unallocated.
3. But the format option is no longer highlighted, and when asked to install windows on all the unallocated still get a SR...
Setup did not display anything between boot and the choose drive screen. After that, setup is normal, but it crashes upon reboot with "A disk read error has occurred, press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart". A simple bootrec /fixboot and fixmbr fixes the issue, but xp setup halts with BSOD 0x0000007E iastor.sys. 7 and 10 boot fine. The PC I am attempting the multiboot on is the one in the system specs....
I've seen problems similar to this, but not exactly like this. Keyboard is recognized and works in BIOS. All other drives are disconnected except the DVD and the Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD. I reset fail-safe defaults in the G1.Assassin, enabled AHCI, set CD as first boot device, HDD as second. Insert Windows 7 Pro x64 DVD in a late-model DVD burner & reboot the i7-960. All proceeds normally, basic...
My old HDD crashed and I have installed a new 250gb SSD on my Asus laptop and it is recognized but my Factory Windows 7 installation won't boot because it does not seem to have auto boot. Is there some way to boot using dos command or other method ? I have the bios set to boot from dvd. The Window 7 disk will not auto boot on any of my desktops unless I open the disk and select install. Any...
I am trying to do a clean install on an HP laptop. After many tries (and days), still to no avail.
Before, the install would get started and progress to 6% or 14%. Right now, it fails at 0%. (08x... error).
I read the tutorial on using diskpart. This is where I get the error now: DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System...
I recently got a desktop computer from my brother. It hag some issues and I wanted to do a complete restore.
I set "system restore" to default boot through "msconfig"
I did a complete restore through "Microsoft genuine software" and when it restarted it booted back into the same system restore.
Safe mode does not work and I do not have an operating system cd to boot from.
Is there any...