Articles on this Page
- 11/22/16--15:30: _Unable to move Desk...
- 11/24/16--06:32: _CLR20r3
- 11/26/16--10:17: _Solved Question on ...
- 11/26/16--16:51: _disk read error whe...
- 11/27/16--20:31: _Windows 10 Dell lap...
- 11/28/16--06:04: _How to downgrade fr...
- 11/28/16--11:58: _Get rid of GTP Prot...
- 11/28/16--12:40: _Installing a differ...
- 11/29/16--08:03: _Windows 10 UEFI Ins...
- 12/02/16--06:20: _WES7, what package ...
- 12/02/16--06:41: _HP Recovery Fail's
- 12/03/16--14:57: _keeps repairing
- 12/04/16--12:46: _Solved Are Repair C...
- 12/06/16--02:55: _Win7 Pro 32bit Keep...
- 12/08/16--20:47: _W10 simply wont all...
- 12/09/16--14:39: _Microsoft says my W...
- 12/10/16--21:15: _How to change defau...
- 12/11/16--10:37: _Can I install Windo...
- 12/12/16--00:08: _reverting to windows 7
- 12/12/16--16:10: _How to replace Linu...
- 11/24/16--06:32: CLR20r3
- 11/26/16--10:17: Solved Question on Windows 7 disc
- 11/27/16--20:31: Windows 10 Dell laptop will not factory reset
- 11/28/16--06:04: How to downgrade from Windows 8 to 7
- 11/28/16--11:58: Get rid of GTP Protective partition so I can backup Windows 7?
- 11/28/16--12:40: Installing a different version of Windows to 2 different drives
- 11/29/16--08:03: Windows 10 UEFI Installation
- 12/02/16--06:20: WES7, what package to add to have Services under Comp Management?
- 12/02/16--06:41: HP Recovery Fail's
- 12/03/16--14:57: keeps repairing
- 12/04/16--12:46: Solved Are Repair CDs usable for multiple Disk Images?
- 12/06/16--02:55: Win7 Pro 32bit Keeps on halting while expanding files.
- 12/08/16--20:47: W10 simply wont allow itself to be uninstalled
- 12/09/16--14:39: Microsoft says my Win7 Ultimate is an illegal copy!
- 12/10/16--21:15: How to change default OS boot disk in Win7
- 12/11/16--10:37: Can I install Window 10 on the same HDD with W7?
- 12/12/16--00:08: reverting to windows 7
- 12/12/16--16:10: How to replace Linux Mint with Windows 7 Ultimate
Something seems to be corrupt. I receive the above error message when I try to move my desktop from my current location: C:\User\User\Contacts\Desktop to C:\User\User\Desktop. Error message is Unable to move Desktop folder due to "Unexpected error from PerformRedirection" I have no idea how my desktop ended up in my contacts in the first place.
As you can see, the file name or extension is...
I'm new in this forum.
I there anyone who can help me with this problem:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: productsetup.exe
Problem Signature 02: 18.104.22.16801
I am running a dell desk top, which was originally windows 7, I ended up doing the upgrade to windows 10.
My question would be this..
I have all the installation disc for my Dell windows 7. Is it possible to use the installation disc on a Dell Laptop running Vista that I have..
Or am I asking for problems.. I have been wondering about this for awhile, rather than get another laptop..
Hi, I've had my current PC for a few years now and in that time I've done a fresh installation of Win7 several times always via USB. Today I inserted my trusty flash drive, set it as priority device in BIOS and after pressing "any key to boot from USB" I get hit with "A disk read error occurred". This has never happened before and I'm using the same 8GB flash drive I've always used.
I have a Dell 15 5000 series laptop. I upgraded it to Windows 10 in June of this year. I had no issues until just about a week ago. I am not sure what happened but about a week ago my pc began being very slow and catching. The start up is extremely slow as well. No, I had not downloaded or installed anything.
I have scanned it with AVG and it shows no virus. I have scanned it and cleaned it....
This may seem like a fairly novice question so bear with me here.
I have a laptop which had Windows 8 pre-installed. It worked fine for 2-3 years however the hard drive has recently failed on it.
I would like to get a copy of Windows 7, as I prefer it over 8, installed on a fresh drive. Would there be any issues with this as I'm looking at getting an OEM copy to keep costs down and I have...
I just can't backup my C: system drive (windows 7 x64), I am getting the " A shadow copy could not be created...VSS error code 0x81000019"
After long research online I found out that it won't run because my c: drive is preceded with a 200MB GPT Protective partition on the same disk (not a "system reserved" one) as shown on this screen capture (click to enlarge):
I have recently purchased a brand new DELL Inspiron 15 (5559) laptop with Windows 10 prenstalled on the computer. I still havent powered on this computer.
I also have a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit (Service pack 1) retail CD and a brand new Samsung SSD that Ive purchased recently.
I would like to keep the old HDD with preinstalled Windows 10 and to install Windows 7 to the new SSD. Can I...
I have some problem with installation Windows 10 UEFI on Samsung 850 EVO SSD.
Actually I installed everything only my problem is because I could boot only if in BIOS is set option with Windows Boot Manager
P1 Windows Boot Manager Samsung 850 EVO
P1 Samsung 850 EVO
Before I had Windows 7 Installed on other SSD in Legacy Mode.
I want to install properly Windows 10 on Samsung...
This is my first post here and I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
I'm building WES7 image in ICE and I can't find the package that would enable the Services view in Computer Management. It's just not there.
And if I click on the Services button in Task Manager (which should open up the view I need), I get this message:
"MMC could not create snap-in".
Hey everyone I got alittle problem. I've replaced my HDD on one of my HP DV6T-3100 laptops and I'm trying to recover my OS to HP factory install but here's where my problem comes into play. It goes through the format process like normal and installing software like normal but soon as it reboots it fail's to complete. It goes to through boot process and goes to the login and the CMD line comes up...
Hi, I have an Acer Travelmate and run IE 11, windows 7 64 bit. For the last couple of weeks every time I log on there is a message telling me I have " File system NTFS and one of the discs needs to be checked for consistency". I have run computer repair and checked all up-dates are installed.
As this occurs every time I log on there must be something fundamentally wrong but I have no idea what....
For my first post here on 7 Forums, I'd like to start out with something really basic (I'll get to my other open issues in due course):
I've just started setting up my new Dell Inspiron laptop and, after creating my two User Accounts (an Admin and the one I'll use for most my computing), I did a System Image and created a Repair CD. I've since partitioned my 1TB hard disk to...
I'm trying to install windows 7 on my friend's computer. It was running on win 7 but had a ransom virus Cryptowall. I formatted everything and started to install windows but each time it freezed on expanding files 0%. I've already tried following solutions.
Changed hard disk.
Installed a hard disk with windows 7 installed.
Changed Sata cable
Restored bios settings....
Hi Lap top got W10 and it isnt used often but drains the battery and loath the system and want to re-install W7.
So looked for format. then went to M$ and they seem to have made it difficult to return now as a lot of stuff has vanished off their web site re how to format the HD and reinstall or install a new version of windows etc.
So decided to crash it. Inserted the new disc with 64 bit...
I bought a used Acer Aspire with Win 7 Ultimate pre-installed.
I couldn't get it to work properly (and couldn't even delete
the pornographic screen-savers installed by the previous owner!).
So I retrieved the activation code with Belarc Advisor and installed
from the iso from Microsoft's website.
It all worked perfectly but after not using the Acer for a couple
of months when I next...
I had a computer running Win7 Pro, with 2 hard drives C (OS boot etc) and D. A while ago, D drive began to show some disk error msg, and so I stopped using it. Recently I got a spare drive from a friend, and trying to replace my old D drive with it. I opened the CPU box and unattached the old D drive, and I restarted the computer and confirmed that Win7 would still run on the C drive only. ...
I have a sony vaio laptop with a pre activated windows 7 home premium in french. A year ago, I upgraded to windows 10 and now 1 want to go back Win7.
I wanted to do this with the recovery partition that came with the laptop. Then i got an idea. I want to install windows 7 in english this time by doing a clean install (I feel much more comfortable with english). I would validate the...
I dont have a disk, but I have the ISO on a USB stick, with a key. Any idea on how to do this?