Articles on this Page
- 07/26/17--19:47: _Sysprep - Account d...
- 07/28/17--08:09: _Solved Can I instal...
- 07/28/17--13:45: _BOOTMGR is missing,...
- 07/30/17--18:24: _Can't finish Window...
- 07/30/17--23:02: _Can't repair a Win7...
- 07/31/17--23:43: _Window 7 64 bit ins...
- 08/01/17--22:21: _"sfc /scannow" an o...
- 08/03/17--17:12: _Are OEM dvds with w...
- 08/03/17--22:04: _Dual boot with wind...
- 08/04/17--06:48: _Correct Install ISO??
- 08/05/17--04:09: _Old hdd for a new b...
- 08/05/17--10:54: _Installing Updates
- 08/05/17--14:21: _Counterfeit Windows...
- 08/06/17--15:13: _Attempting to insta...
- 08/07/17--07:16: _Automate driver sel...
- 08/08/17--09:06: _Windows 10 to windo...
- 08/08/17--18:07: _New Install, Unsure...
- 08/10/17--03:34: _How do I load syste...
- 08/11/17--09:55: _Which OS should I i...
- 08/12/17--04:40: _New HDD How to retr...
- 07/26/17--19:47: Sysprep - Account does not display at login
- 07/30/17--18:24: Can't finish Windows 7 installation
- 07/30/17--23:02: Can't repair a Win7 on an USB drive
- 07/31/17--23:43: Window 7 64 bit installation struck at Copying files(0%)
- 08/01/17--22:21: "sfc /scannow" an offline Win7 on hard disk from booted Win10 ?
- 08/03/17--17:12: Are OEM dvds with written "Made In China" Genuine.
- 08/03/17--22:04: Dual boot with windows 10
- 08/04/17--06:48: Correct Install ISO??
- 08/05/17--04:09: Old hdd for a new built pc . Am i gonna lose my data?
- 08/05/17--10:54: Installing Updates
- 08/05/17--14:21: Counterfeit Windows 7 uninstall
- 08/06/17--15:13: Attempting to install W7 on Dell XPS
- 08/07/17--07:16: Automate driver selection windows 7
- 08/08/17--09:06: Windows 10 to windows 7 installation - ultimate (cannot control).
- 08/08/17--18:07: New Install, Unsure About SSD Wipe and USing UEFI vs Legacy
- 08/10/17--03:34: How do I load system factory reset from boot?
- 08/11/17--09:55: Which OS should I install first dual boot Win10/Win7
- 08/12/17--04:40: New HDD How to retrieve OS from Product Key only
1. I got a new mobo, cpu and RAM.
2. Did a sysprep (OOBE, Generalized, shutdown) on old hard drive.
3. When I put the old hard drive into new hardware and booted, I got this error:
"Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume reconfiguration, restart the computer"
4. I followed these instructions How to fix How-tos...
I'm hoping to get better performance, thus the idea. This is a touchscreen laptop but I don't mind losing that functionality because we never use it.
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a Lenovo G580 laptop and got a virus at some point. I decided to format the computer, wipe it clean and reinstall Windows 7U x64 using an ISO on a USB stick. The laptop had no space and the GBs were maxed out and it required some space so I deleted some files off the C Drive, I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted some vital files but now my screen is just...
Hi, I am new here and I have a problem during the windows 7 installation on my desktop. I boot win 7 from a USB drive and everything goes well till computer restarts and about at this point:
after about a minute or so, my screen goes black and it has blinking underscore in the top left corner. If I try to restart my computer then it just freezes at starting...
I have a mechanical disk with a Win7 installation with its 2 partitions: 100MB (system reserved) and the other one with all files and programs installed.
I recently bought an SSD and wanted to replace it. I was pretending to make an image of the mechanical disk and then restore it on the brand new SSD. I did so, connecting this SSD with an USB external enclosure.
I am trying to install window 7 ultimate 64 bit on my machine but it hangs at "Copying Windows files (0%)" and it stays there for more than 30 minutes. Then I close the machine by the power button.
Steps I have performed but all went in-vain-
1. I downloaded the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool and then made the USB device bootable but this also is not working.
2. I change the USB slot and...
Assume a hard disk contains a possibly (partially) corrupted Windows 7.
I boot now a ToolsCD or USB flash drive with Windows 10.
When I open now a CmdPrompt and enter
sfc /scannow /offwindir=C:\Windows /offbootdir=C:\
then I cannot do this since the local, active, running WinOS is different from the investigated one.
I have bought a Dell Optiplex 990 but without assuring me there was an OEM disc with it. So I have bought 2 disc OEM (win 7 pro sp1 x64 and win 7 ultimate sp1 x64) both black in color and it is written "Made In China" on the back stickers.
When I bought a brand new Dell pc shipped with windows xp it was written "Made In Germany" on the back sticker. Does Dell also make their oem disks...
Hi, New to this but here goes, is it possible on a laptop with which windows 7 proff. is installed, to dual boot from an exterior hard drive, which has windows 10 prof. installed,(this was installed whlist it was in this laptop) from an esata port on this laptop, the option seems to appear when I start the computer but it doesn`t seem to work when I click on the alternative boot option. I can use...
I recently had a BSOD- Unmountable boot volume.
Well I already bought a new Hard Drive, and now I want to install Win 7 Pro OS on it. However I am wondering if what I purchased is even the right thing anymore. I keep failing my install at 'expanding windows files' at 1%. I've tried a bunch of things to get the install working, now I am 2nd guessing the ISO I purchased.
First I guess I just...
Have a nice day ...
I have recently built a whole new pc (every component) except for the hard drive , that is my old hdd from an older pc ...
Its divided in 4 harddisks , c for windows and programs in general and drivers ...
Now i know i should format and reinstall windows , the question is , is that all i have to format , just c? Or should i format all the harddrive?
Because i got...
Regarding Windows 7 ( All Versions ).
During the Early stages of Install I have Noted these 5 Notices of Progress;--
1-- Copying Windows Files.
2--Getting Files Ready for Installation.
I am interested in No.4 ( Installing Updates ).
And I use Slip-Streaming to try and maintain an updated install.
Where are the Updates coming...
Hi There. Found this site looking for help and it looks exciting with everything you may want to know. My problem is i bought a used Dell Latitude laptop and come to find out i can not install any drivers (webcam,etc.) on account of it is running a counterfeit windows. I want to remove this and install one that i can buy from Amazon or Ebay. What should i look for when buying a disc? Thanks for...
My wife purchased a new Dell XPS which came with Windows 10 Home Edition. She doesn't like W10 so I'm attempting to install W7-64bit Professional.
I can boot from the W7 CD OK. It does copying files with with the white bar, then at the first screen where you select the language, etc. the installation appears to freeze; the mouse cursor disappears and the keyboard does not work either.
Hello, im creating an image for the computers at work and Ive run into an annoying issue. This is a universal image, Wn7X64 Pro, and im trying to automagically install the drivers for the graphics card. Sounds simple, right? Well, the new 7th gen processors dont support windows 7, so I made a custom driver .inf for it to install under windows 7. That part works fine, the drivers install and...
Downgrade windows 10 to windows 7. Win7 installation is loaded to screen up. But won't control an own mouse and keyboard it's nothing.
I've used USB 8GB with windows 7 ultimate x64.
Installing 7 x64 (single boot) on a new XPS 13 with 10.
I successfully created a USB media that appears to launch fine in legacy mode, but is not detected in UEFI mode.
I was reading the clean install thread and didn't know if I should not go the legacy route for any reason.
Also, I have read recommendations for a zero'd out SSD before a new install, and was unsure if I should try to go...
I am using Win7 pro, I recently, installed
A new harddrive. It installed beautifully
And I was able to use it...for about an hour. Suddenly a notification from windows pops up telling me that I need to restart my computer for recently installed updates to take place. So I did. It came back on, but when I went to finish moving things around on the new hdd, it crashed the computer and now...
I'm planning to install Windows 7 and Windows 10 dual-boot on my laptop. I have deleted all partition and now my HDD is all unallocated. Now I wonder which OS should I install first. As you know, System reserved of Windows 10 is about 300MB and Windows 7 is just 100 MB, so I don't know how Win 10 uses that partition if I install Win 7 first. I also see on tenforums the thread about Dual Boot...
HDD dead, won't boot at all even in SAFE MODE. Want to install new HDD but only have the Prod Key on tag on Laptop. Can I retrieve my OS and reinstall it on new drive. Will the OS info still be on laptop after I put in new HDD. Can get into BIOS on old HDD but cannot navigate. What would be the cheapest and easiest way to get Windows 7 on the new HDD.