Articles on this Page
- 02/09/18--13:34: _New Computer - any ...
- 02/09/18--23:17: _Fresh Win7 install ...
- 02/12/18--11:44: _Windows 7 Premium u...
- 02/13/18--01:26: _Dual Boot Problems
- 02/14/18--05:10: _windows could not s...
- 02/14/18--14:40: _Can I put Win 7 HDD...
- 02/15/18--07:47: _Cannot Install Wind...
- 02/16/18--02:31: _How can I create a ...
- 02/16/18--06:55: _Installing Win 7 Pr...
- 02/17/18--05:24: _Win7 won't boot. Ca...
- 02/20/18--11:27: _Info on W7 Upgrade ...
- 02/20/18--14:22: _Fresh install of wi...
- 02/21/18--04:41: _Solved Install Wind...
- 02/22/18--06:28: _Windows 7 install c...
- 02/23/18--07:34: _Reinstalling 7 64 b...
- 02/23/18--12:38: _Cannot dual-boot wi...
- 02/25/18--00:46: _have vista want to ...
- 02/28/18--00:54: _HP Slimline Desktop...
- 03/03/18--10:12: _Reinstall Win7 what...
- 03/03/18--12:57: _MBT Install Seems I...
- 02/09/18--13:34: New Computer - any hope of having W7Pro installed?
- 02/09/18--23:17: Fresh Win7 install on multi-drive system?
- 02/12/18--11:44: Windows 7 Premium upgrade disk 3 pcs - question
- 02/13/18--01:26: Dual Boot Problems
- 02/14/18--05:10: windows could not start the pervasive psql workgroup engine
- 02/16/18--02:31: How can I create a recovery partition (Bootable)?
- 02/16/18--06:55: Installing Win 7 Pro over Windows 10
- 02/17/18--05:24: Win7 won't boot. Can I re-install and keep my user settings?
- 02/20/18--11:27: Info on W7 Upgrade Path - Purchasing Right COA
- 02/20/18--14:22: Fresh install of windows 7 on two ssds
- 02/21/18--04:41: Solved Install Windows 7 in new HDD using my old HDD as external
- 02/22/18--06:28: Windows 7 install crashes on language selection screen
- 02/23/18--07:34: Reinstalling 7 64 bit to a 32 bit
- 02/23/18--12:38: Cannot dual-boot windows 7 on 1tb SSHD
- 02/25/18--00:46: have vista want to install windows 7 ultimate
- 02/28/18--00:54: HP Slimline Desktop problem installing Windows 7
- 03/03/18--12:57: MBT Install Seems Impossible on UEFI Boot with Legacy Mode
I currently have a Dell desktop w/win7Pro 64. I would prefer to remain with this OS.
Is it too late to locate a new box with w7?
I 'think' I have a full installation W7Pro somewhere around here. It looks like I may be up the creek without a paddle if I can't lay hands on it as I don't see w7Pro installation disks available retail.
My thanks, Mary
I think my current system needs a fresh install or repair to clean out some junk.
I have an SSD "C" drive that just contains the OS and programs.
All my data is contained on 4 other internal drives, which are backed-up to 4 external drives.
I really don't want to pull my system apart and open it up to disconnect the data drives.
I have a family pack good for upgrading 3 pc's to Windows 7 Home Premium. I purchased this package in 2010 to apparently use to upgrade an old PC for my son to use. I've forgotten what was on the computer but may have been something earlier than Windows 7, maybe XP? I don't remember upgrading. I think I did a fresh install. Seems like it allowed a reformat and then installed.
I was dual booting Win 7 & Win 10. Something went wrong as no drives show an operating system.
Just bootmgr and other various files.:
I Have successfully started most of the services i need in Safe Mode - Networking, however, i need now to start "Postgresql Server- 9.6 and its "Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine" as i am a user of Sage 50 Peachtree Accounting. Any feedback will be appreciated. :(
We have a broken PC with Windows 7 Pro x64.
Can I just take the HDD out and put it in a working PC? Or will I run into problems with serial numbers and activation?
Thanks. (First post, hope this is the right forum)
I have an HP 8460p Elitebook laptop and have been trying to do a clean install without a CD or DVD.
I purchased and was able to download an ISO file that was supposed to enable me to use either a DVD or a usable bootable drive but every time I tried, it would only allow me to use a DVD drive. No other option.
What can I do?
I have the product key but cannot go any further at this point....
Following some new rules for selling second hand laptops in a store, I now need to prep laptops with a recovery partition.
For those that come into repair where the original recovery partition is intact (and does not require a drive change), it's all good.
For those that have had the recovery removed or had a new drive, I now need to create a F11 style recovery partition.
I recently purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed and I would like to use Win 7 Pro instead. Can I just install Win 7 over Windows 10 or is there something that will prevent that? Will there be driver problems involved that might make things difficult? There are two drives on the computer, an SSD for the OS and apps and a 54000 rpm hard drive for files. I would...
I have two questions:
My Windows 7 won't boot! I have Dell with Windows 7 pre-installed.
During boot, it suddenly has begun to fail with a blue screen, which says something about a "vital execution thread has suddenly stopped", or something like that.
Then Windows runs System Restore, which concludes by saying it cannot help me!
Ok, I got another computer that has W10 upgraded from 8. I removed the 500 GB drive from the old computer and will use it as the C: drive to the new one. I cloned a 80 gb I had for back ups through a usb case. I damaged the boot 0f the 500 gb and repaired it using a repair cd. I have my own copy of W7 home premium and tried to repair it with that and it said not the right version for some reason....
I started a thread regarding having to dual boot win 7 and 10 using f8 key to choose hard drive to boot.
It seems the pc doesnt like this and keeps asking to check disks on start up whichever OS I choose.
I now have decided I want to get rid of 10 and set up two users. ..on separate ssd drives to both hand windows 7.
My game plan is back up stuff on my third drive....format...
I changed my dell inspiron n4020 HDD to a new one because it gets in windows 7 start up repair loop. I decided to keep the old one as external disc. But the problem is I didn't find my recovery disk to reinstall my laptop as it came from factory. Is there a way to do that using my old HDD as external (the disk is working and has the recovery partition)?
I am trying to install Windows 7 on my Vorke V2 mini PC. I get to the screen where you select the language and at that point the PC is unresponsive.
I managed to install Fedora OK. So the machine seems to be OK.
The Windows ISO works OK when I run it in Virtual Box.
The hardware of this box is
8GB ram soldered in place
Hiya, am new here and looks like a pretty good site. My question is if i make a reinstall disc from my Dell 5500 which is Windows 7 professional 64 bit can i use it to reinstall it to wifes Dell D830 Windows 7 professional 32 bit? She just got it (refurbished) and had only 2G ram so i upped it to 4G and found out 32 bit doesnt recogonize the added ram. Still only shows 2G..Thanks..Tom
Till date I always had Win 7 in 32 & 64 bit flavors and occasionally also xp.
Recently I got a 1 tb seagate firecuda and installed win 7 64 bit. However, the 2nd install of the same flavor was awkward (in the first install, after expanding files windows rebooted) because it completed all tasks before rebooting.
However, when I tried booting from the newer install, I saw the dreaded...
Have a Toshiba A135-S4467 lap top, that according to the "adviser" windows 7 ultimate is compatible.
I downloaded a windows 7 program 32 bit, copied to a dvd, but when loading to the computer a message says
it must be compatible with Toshiba. Can anyone tell me how to get around the problem?
Note: My ultimate goal is to upgrade to windows 10, but there is no direct route to get there, from...
A friend of mine bought HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a062il PC a few days ago. It had only FreeDOS 2.0 installed on it when bought. Now, he wants to install Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit on it from a legal/valid/genuine installation DVD bought from a website. He has already tried installing Windows 7 a few times, but he has had no success so far. The DVD works fine on other pcs. The...
I know there is hundreds of this threads, but when i search i didn't find what I was looking for. Just blind or bad at searching,:o:o
I'm forced to reinstall my computer after the patch spectre/meltdown..
So this time I thought I'm going to do this right. I'm not interesting of "improve" my Windows 7 proSP1, so i know that I should avoid the monthly quality rollups.
But there is...
I am trying to install Windows 7 on an HP Spectre x360, but I've run into a blocking snag and I'm hoping for some help. I can run veracrypt in full disk encryption without an MBR partition. When trying to force an MBR parition using command prompt, I get the error "On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks." I do have legacy booting on, and secure boot on.
I have realized that...