Articles on this Page
- 05/12/18--07:20: _Sysprep Install Won...
- 05/12/18--13:31: _Is it possible to c...
- 05/14/18--14:17: _Copy Domain Profile...
- 05/14/18--23:55: _Bootable USB Win 7 ...
- 05/17/18--01:17: _Problem installing ...
- 05/17/18--02:31: _is there Windows As...
- 05/18/18--15:20: _Moving from Win XP ...
- 05/20/18--15:24: _Record Windows 7 Lo...
- 05/24/18--13:32: _Installer recognize...
- 05/26/18--11:59: _Windows 7 MBR problem!
- 05/27/18--02:38: _non-genuine copy - ...
- 05/27/18--14:01: _Installing Win 7 Pr...
- 05/30/18--08:40: _Windows 7 can't Ins...
- 05/30/18--15:29: _downgrading from wi...
- 06/04/18--10:56: _Macrium BIOS & MBR ...
- 06/06/18--19:37: _Windows 7 Reboots d...
- 06/07/18--14:30: _Win 7 will not boot...
- 06/07/18--18:43: _Win 7 broken EFI bo...
- 06/09/18--00:29: _Making a 'backup' b...
- 06/11/18--08:14: _Alternative OS to M...
- 05/12/18--07:20: Sysprep Install Won't Boot
- 05/12/18--13:31: Is it possible to create a universal win7 installation media?
- 05/14/18--14:17: Copy Domain Profile to Workgroup User
- 05/14/18--23:55: Bootable USB Win 7 ( not install )
- 05/17/18--01:17: Problem installing OS from USB (BIOS problem?)
- 05/17/18--02:31: is there Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for W7?
- 05/18/18--15:20: Moving from Win XP to Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, Need help copying stuff
- 05/20/18--15:24: Record Windows 7 Load Process
- 05/24/18--13:32: Installer recognizes Windows 7 as Windows xp
- 05/26/18--11:59: Windows 7 MBR problem!
- 05/27/18--02:38: non-genuine copy - help!
- 05/30/18--08:40: Windows 7 can't Install
- 05/30/18--15:29: downgrading from windows 10 to windows 8?
- 06/04/18--10:56: Macrium BIOS & MBR mirror to be restored to EUFI & GPT
- 06/06/18--19:37: Windows 7 Reboots during Safe Mode boot up
- 06/07/18--14:30: Win 7 will not boot XP on separate hard drive
- 06/07/18--18:43: Win 7 broken EFI boot sector
- 06/09/18--00:29: Making a 'backup' boot partition?
- 06/11/18--08:14: Alternative OS to MS OS's.
Sysprep Install Won't Boot after laptop teardown. I get:
*"Booting from local disk...
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"*
Does this mean that there is a cable not connected somewhere? Strange that it would Image to the Drive but not Boot? But I don't know the actual pathway that it needs to boot, I'll pay closer attention next time. Actually, I had this one apart...
I have four OEM win7 computers with valid OA product keys.
Two of them is Pro and two are Home editions, and all of them is x64.
I have all recovery disks and two of them also have their recovery partitions left.
When I reinstalled one of them with my newly ordered recovery disks from HP, under the recovery process I had to choose version(start, home, pro, ultimate)...
The PDC crashed and GlobalCatalog was irretrievably lost. Domain users are marooned.
(No backup of course.)
New server being built.
Domain users (mix of Win7 Pro & Win8.x Pro) need to be removed from destroyed domain.
I see a lot of info on creating a bootable USB installation disk .
What I am interested in , is a bootable USB of actual Win 7 .
In case of hard disk boot troubles , I could use this to get in at least .
Seem to recall , years ago seeing such a thing .
I'm trying to install W10 (I know there's a ten forum but I don't think this is specific to W10 so I'm asking here because you people are awesome) from USB on a custom built, but relatively old desktop. It's currently running XP. The BIOS doesn't recognize USB in the boot menu. However, if I go into the HDD menu to see the connected drives, the USB is present there. If I change it to...
Is there a Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 7 *OFFLINE installer*? :o
I am not sure about the following links: :cry:
I'm upgrading my old PC that's still on Win XP to Win 7 Pro 64 Bit. I would like to be able to copy my Outlook Express emails and Firefox bookmarks from the old Win XP SSD to the new Win 7 SSD. How do I go about it?
BTW do you recommend NOT having the system reserved partition when installing Win 7? I've read of ways to avoid creating the system reserved partition during installation.
Record Windows 7 Load Process:
I'd like to create a file of everything that is loading and the order in which it loads.
I'd like this file to start as early as possible (POST for example or ???).
It would be best best if this is a non-proprietary file (e.g text) so it can be easily searched.
Anyone know the best way to accomplish this?
after an entire day research on the web, I feel so desperate for a solution! Even I don't know, if I will be heard, my next try, before contacting microsoft directly is my hope to find a solution through you here on the forum. This is the situation:
I'm trying to install Esko DeskPack 22.214.171.124 for Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 (already installed), and right at the beginning...
So I want to try windows 10 and downloaded it onto a dvd, then partitioned my current HDD that has windows 7, made the logical partition into primary and put the windows 10 on it. Then it started giving me problems like mouse/keyboard didn't work as windows started. I realized what I did was a mistake and i did a format of the primary drive F with windows 10 on it to go back to windows...
I have had Win 7 64-bit on my laptop about a year now, it's the Ultimate version since I need encryption.
Then recently my copy has become 'non-genuine' and it says I need to activate it. I originally bought the licence/key from a seller on eBay.
I've tried re-entering my product key on-line but it says "the product key you typed has been blocked from use by Microsoft". I've...
I'm going to install Win7 Pro 64 Bit on a new SSD which I'll mount on a machine that is currently on Win XP. My machine has an old AMD Phenom CPU with Asrock M3A790GXH/128M motherboard. I am using AHCI mode/driver for my old SSD and I plan to continue using AHCI for my new SSD. I am also using PhenomMsrTweaker to automatically ramp up the CPU speed when the CPU load is high, and ramp it down when...
Hello there! I am new to the forum. :)
I am having a problem installing Windows 7 on my laptop at home. I have a, *Acer Aspire E5-473G-304W (http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Acer_E5-473G_i3)*.
I did try to fresh install a Windows 7 on the Laptop via FlashDrive, but all the time I am about to install it, the screen just freezes up on the Windows 7 Loading Screen (example photo below)
The system is a Acer V5 that came with windows 8 preinstalled. It has no optical drive. The usb ports work and I can get to a command prompt as well as diskpart.
After Windows 10 updates, the system begins to seem unstable and finally boots into startup repair and recovery.
I've made all the changes in the bios and the bootable flashdrive isnt detected by the system as being bootable. I...
I have a Macrium mirror of W7x64 which was created on a BIOS & MBR. Now that my 12 year old PC CPU bit the dust, I purchased new equipment (expected delivery June 7) which is using EUFI and GPT.
My question is; Is it possible to restore the mirror of a MBR to the new PC? The system disk drive (SSD) is the same, and there is no data in the old installation of the SSD. What I am trying to do is...
I've just cloned a drive for a new PC so I know my drivers are wrong for the target machine. Yesterday the PC booted just fine with the usual low-res desktop. Today, the machine gets as far as the "Starting Windows" animation with the coloured moving balls and then reboots - and it does the same in Safe Mode too.
How can I get it to boot into Safe Mode so I can install the correct drivers?
Was dual booting Win XP with Slackware Linux using LILO as the boot manager. Linux and XP were both
on separate hard drives. Story short, MB shorted and I decided to simply install the XP HD in a computer
with Win 7 on the first HD. All startup files on the XP drive are in place; ntldr, ntdetect.com, boot.ini.
I added the following to the BCD file using bcdedit on Win 7:
I need to repair my EFI boot sector as I cannot boot Windows. I put my install disk in and booted from that. When I click on Repair your computer, I get this error message - "This version of System Recovery Options is not compatable with the version of Windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disk that is compatable with this version of Windows."
The disk I used is the one I...
I know there is a lot on the forums here about multi-boot and might just be able to go ahead and achieve this without further advice. Or I might just make a mess of it (and I don't want to do that!)...
Basically, I want to have a clone of my boot partition on C on another physical drive, so that if one disc failed, the...
I was doing some sorting out in the loft over the weekend and came across a ten year [maybe even older] old laptop that has a 75GB HDD, 2GB of RAM, 32-bit and is currently running Windows Vista.
I want to try out [sometime in the near future] something new other than a MS OS [alternative]. I have seen many members here that dual boot MS OS's and alternative OS's [Linux,...