- RSS Channel Showcase 8536658
- RSS Channel Showcase 7844942
- RSS Channel Showcase 4523520
- RSS Channel Showcase 3341371
Articles on this Page
- 02/15/13--01:44: _Help I need somebod...
- 02/15/13--01:48: _Help I need somebod...
- 02/15/13--08:15: _help creating a rec...
- 02/15/13--17:25: _Solved An Old Schoo...
- 02/16/13--01:55: _Can't get computer ...
- 02/16/13--07:53: _SOLVED - Cannot boo...
- 02/16/13--08:24: _Solved AWUS036H uti...
- 02/16/13--12:34: _Which is lightest o...
- 02/16/13--16:42: _VMware and Zorin
- 02/16/13--17:42: _Solved Install Wind...
- 02/17/13--07:44: _Badly upgraded
- 02/17/13--08:50: _Really Fubar Computer!
- 02/17/13--09:42: _Win7 oem clean rein...
- 02/17/13--14:41: _Cannot Boot Windows...
- 02/17/13--20:47: _Relocate User folde...
- 02/17/13--23:45: _Administrator folde...
- 02/18/13--07:03: _Want to remove XP f...
- 02/18/13--16:38: _In a HEAP of Troubl...
- 02/18/13--16:53: _Upgrading from WinX...
- 02/18/13--23:50: _How to remove langu...
- 02/15/13--01:44: Help I need somebody ;)
- 02/15/13--01:48: Help I need somebody ;)
- 02/15/13--08:15: help creating a recovery partition for hotkey restore
- 02/16/13--01:55: Can't get computer to do a factory restore
- 02/16/13--07:53: SOLVED - Cannot boot from Win XP Pro WS Win 7 Pro installation DVD
- 02/16/13--08:24: Solved AWUS036H utility keeps prompting after logging
- 02/16/13--12:34: Which is lightest of the windows 7 versions?
- 02/16/13--16:42: VMware and Zorin
- 02/17/13--07:44: Badly upgraded
- 02/17/13--08:50: Really Fubar Computer!
- 02/17/13--09:42: Win7 oem clean reinstall is slow as HADES!!!
- 02/17/13--14:41: Cannot Boot Windows 7 after Uninstalling Ubuntu Dual-Boot
- 02/17/13--20:47: Relocate User folders during Win7 instalation error
- 02/17/13--23:45: Administrator folder created by Windows 7 64 bit?
- 02/18/13--16:38: In a HEAP of Trouble - Windows 7/8/Ubuntu Triple Boot
- 02/18/13--16:53: Upgrading from WinXp with existing Raid1 to Windows 7 Prof 64 Bit
- 02/18/13--23:50: How to remove language packs not needed?
I have HP notebook and I've installed windows 7 but after 3 months my OS became very slow so I decided to install normal Windows Vista not the specialized one it required drivers so I installed windows 7 modified edition called " Last OS " but I didn't notice that " Last OS " just for 64 bit and It didn't work now what I gotta do install windows 7 for notebook or normal windows 7???...
I have HP notebook I've installed windows 7 actually not me but after 3 months it became very slow so I decided to install windows vista not the specialized one I meant the normal vista but it required drivers so I installed modified edition for windows 7 called " Last OS" I didn't notice that "Last OS is just for 64 bit It didn't work so can u tell me what I gotta do install normal...
I am not sure if this is possible however is there a way of installing Windows 7, activating it with my OEM key and then created a recovery partition just in case I am ever in the situation where I need to run it using a hot key during boot?
*An Old School Geek’s approach to Installing & Setting Up a Windows PC*
Put the DVD in, boot to Windows installation, enter the product key and get coffee while Windows installs. When ready install your favorite game and start playing. Later on maybe a user account or two, some day also some other software.
That’s how many of us are doing it, nothing wrong in it. It is...
1st off, My user name is not a joke. I have a hp G72-B27CL Notebook that was purchased online from aGoodwill auction. The notebook looks brand new & in their listing for the auction they said it just needed a hard drive so I put my WD 500 GB hd in it & attempted to do a system recovery. It went through the whole process & ended with Welcome TO YOUR NEW HP COMPUTER, About a minute...
New here, hello all. Grazie mille for all the help I have gleaned from this place as a lurker over the years!
Quick scenario - One of my IT support clients (Tierney Coaching/Consulting) is upgrading a Raid 0 workstation from WinXP Pro to Win7 Pro 64bit. The WinXP Pro PC would not boot from the Win7 System Builder DVD. DVD drive would spin up during boot, but PC would simply boot into XP as...
Hi, I have installed the awus036h driver + utility (since both come together) from alfa web page for windows 7.
When I log in, the window utility pop-up.
I check msconfig startup and it's not there, also all programs startup folder is empty.
Is there a way to stop this window splash (and not uninstalling)?
In the task bar icon tray I went to customize... and set hide icon and...
I just got a small 8" netbook that has the 1.6ghz atom CPU and 1gb ram, it had XP on it but its corupt so i want to put win7 on it but i know win 7 wants 2gb or more ram to run good,,, is Windows Starter going to be lighter than home or ultimate? It has 160gb HDD so size/space doesnt matter any
This is an auxiliary post for a tutorial on which I am working. It lists the commands for the Zorin Terminal to install VMware Tools in Zorin running in VMware Player. When the tutorial is posted (maybe tomorrow 2/17), I will put a link in here so that you know what this is all about.
*sudo mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom*
*cp /media/cdrom/VMware*.tar.gz /tmp*
*sudo umount /media/cdrom*...
I presently have Windows 7 installed on drive C:-------I have Win 8 upgrade and I want to install Win 8 on my 2nd hard drive and keep Win 7 on the first hard drive. How should I proceed?:)
I've recently purchased an upgrade CD from xp to windows 7 after making sure I had all the criteria right. I followed the steps to the letter but when I tried exctracting the old files I got an error message saying
"This version of update\update.exe in not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit)...
Okay, bought HP pavilion g7 laptop with AMD dual core processor, and pre-loaded with Windows 8. Tried to get used to layout and just do NOT like Windows 8. I also wanted to dual-boot with Ubuntu 12.10. Well appears I have deleted or whatever the MBR!
Okay what can I can do to get back to where I started from? I want to install Windows 7 and then dual-boot Ubuntu, but not sure how I get there...
Following the clean oem reinstall tutorial to a tee, I finally got the Recovery Management to start copying files to system and completing to 100%, which took only 12+ hrs. The next step of restoring and updating system started and has been running 14+ hrs and is only at 27%... Slow as Hades is an understatement. Something isn't right. Should I let it keep going till it fails or finishes? Or...
I originally posted this on AskUbuntu, but they told me to screw off because AskUbuntu cannot answer this.
So, after 3 days of frustration to get the Tux for TF2, I very stupidly uninstalled Ubuntu incorrectly, the result was no longer being able to boot Windows 7. I receive a BSOD after the Starting Windows screen. After some googling, it appeared my Master Boot Record was corrupt. I followed...
I am doing a fresh install on a new system. I followed the directions to use Audit Node to create accounts on another disk. When I entered the commend Sysprep.exe /audit /reboot /unattend:C:\relocate.xml i recieved the following error message: "System Preparation Tool 3.14 Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file [c:\relocate.xml]. The answer file is invalid. The error was...
i have two laptop, one is ruuning 64bit Home premium and the other one is running 32 bit Home premium.
the 32 bit one was setup a week ago with no additional application, while the 64 bit was installed 2 months ago with 15 other applications installed.
i notice that there are 3 folders in "Users" in the 64 bit, and only 2 folders in Users in 32 bit.
the one that found in the 64 bit...
I followed this guide.
How to Completely Remove a Windows XP Partition From a Dual Boot With Windows 7 | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_7298254_completely-dual-boot-windows-7.html)
When I got to the part where I had to make partition 2 'active' it said:
"the specified partition type is not valid for this operation"
I was recently blessed with the gift of a 500GB SSD *hold the applause*
I had another 250GB drive that came with my MSI GT60 laptop which was pre-installed with Windows 7 Ultimate x64...drivers...software to run some of MSI's features, etc.
I wanted to move this entire Windows 7 drive to my SSD so my first thought was...use Windows Backup and Recovery. Long story short, I couldn't get it to...
I have an existing windows XP with a Raid 1 (BIOS) configuration on an Asus Motherboard.
How do I go on upgrading to Windows 7 64 Bit?
Do I just do a clean install and provide AMD RAID Controller driver during installation?
I know that this program called "RT Seven Lite" tool does have the ability to permanently remove language packs not needed from the source files of my Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate installation & my question is:
Is it still possible for me to remove permanently these language packs (all except English) after I've installed Windows 7 SP1 already?
My reason is to save some space and...