Articles on this Page
- 07/30/15--01:54: _Windows Update Failure
- 07/29/15--23:50: _Another "Downgrade ...
- 07/29/15--23:59: _Windows 10 cant upd...
- 07/30/15--02:42: _Windows 7 to Window...
- 07/30/15--10:30: _Madness trying to i...
- 07/30/15--10:39: _Any way to aviod me...
- 07/30/15--17:56: _How to figure out w...
- 07/30/15--20:55: _How to install Win ...
- 07/30/15--21:45: _"A required CD/DVD ...
- 07/31/15--00:22: _Repair Install Comp...
- 07/31/15--00:55: _Windows 7: Windows ...
- 07/31/15--06:34: _Dual boot questions
- 07/31/15--08:09: _Dead HD Repair and ...
- 07/31/15--08:48: _BootMgr Missing, Re...
- 07/31/15--09:24: _How to change windo...
- 07/31/15--12:42: _Custom Built PC BSO...
- 07/31/15--12:42: _Windows 7 AiO iso t...
- 07/31/15--12:55: _Restoring Files On ...
- 07/31/15--16:40: _Reconstruct system ...
- 08/01/15--03:50: _Window crush and st...
- 07/30/15--01:54: Windows Update Failure
- 07/29/15--23:50: Another "Downgrade Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Pro" post
- 07/29/15--23:59: Windows 10 cant update "something happened"
- 07/30/15--02:42: Windows 7 to Windows 10 install freezeup
- 07/30/15--10:30: Madness trying to install 7 and get rid of 8
- 07/30/15--17:56: How to figure out what went wrong with Win7 Repair Install?
- 07/30/15--20:55: How to install Win XP on a laptop having uefi bios
- 07/30/15--21:45: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" and other errors
- 07/31/15--00:22: Repair Install Compatibility Conflict 32 or 64 bit? Suggests both!
- 07/31/15--00:55: Windows 7: Windows Update Error 800B0100 - Updates KB29433
- 07/31/15--06:34: Dual boot questions
- 07/31/15--08:09: Dead HD Repair and recovery disks but no product key
- 07/31/15--08:48: BootMgr Missing, Recovery Fails After SSD Install
- 07/31/15--09:24: How to change windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit
- 07/31/15--12:42: Custom Built PC BSOD when trying to install Windows PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
- 07/31/15--12:42: Windows 7 AiO iso to UEFI systems
- 07/31/15--12:55: Restoring Files On A New Computer
- 07/31/15--16:40: Reconstruct system from .OLD map?
I have two updates on Win Update which keep failing.
These are a Silverlight update and a windows graphics driver update. Each have failed about 10 times. please see screen shots of the unexplained errors.
How can I fix this as these problems seem to be blocking an WIN 10 upgrade upload.
Original Title: Another "Downgrade Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Pro" post --> Changed because I'm now focusing more on Win 8.1
Intel(R) Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
8.00 GB of RAM
64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Hey I need help with my windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade, when i start the upgrade it wont do anything and tells me "something happened."
Hello all Windows 7 users,
I am not positive that this is the place to be posting something like this, but I have been trying to update my windows 7 to windows 10 but have been having one big complication. Every time when the whole verification for the download is good and that I have the right specs, the download freezes, the screen says "Your PC may restart several times, take a break" or...
Ok so here's my predicament. I got a new laptop from a friend. It was running windows 8. I wanted to install windows 10 now that it's out, but I had to update to 8.1 first. It wouldn't update windows. I tried multiple solutions for this. I decided to just get a cracked version of windows 8.1 since I didn't have a disc for this laptop anymore. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to activate genuinely....
This is a PC for someone else and I'm trying to disable the old windows install on a separate drive by making it inactive, however keeping it so it can be activated in case SSD fails or something happens to the new install later, this is a business office PC it has quite important data on it and this is for failsafe, the whole PC is built for secondary options, it also has an integrated...
I used this site's excellent tutorial How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7 (http://How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7) (for which I am extremely grateful!)
The repair install failed at the end, but it only gave some extremely vague error message which is of exactly zero value in determining what went wrong!
I can boot up with a variety of bootable USBs I have that will allow...
My 'AsusX553M' showing errors while installing win-xp how can I solve the issue
*What I'm trying to do:*
Ultimately, I want to have a clean install (wipe everything) of Windows 10 on my computer.
*What my computer state was before the trouble:*
Windows 7 Home Premium and Linux dual boot. Everything worked great and dandy (except intermittent issues with DVD drive not reading disks). All my files were saved to external hard drive. Ready to be wiped and have just one...
Hi. Due to not having enough space from on an external drive to back up data and do a clean install, I decided to do a repair. The laptop I'm using (not mine, so unsure of history) states that it's Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (pre-SP1). However, when I try and do the repair install, it tells me I can't install 32-bit over a 64-bit (I know this), but ALSO tells me I can't install 64-bit over 32-bit...
can anyone pls help me this one thanks..i tried resetting the updates still no luck
I have a desk top that is running on windows 7. I have the operating system, programs and so on in partition c which is half of a 2 tb drive and all my images on the other half.
I am going to fit a SSD to which I will install windows 7 and some key photography editing software only.
I know I can set up so at boot I have of choice of which windows the pc will boot from, but if I boot from...
I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop which is five years old pre-installed with w7 home. I made repair and recovery disks when new, however the product key has worn off the sticker on the bottom of the laptop. The hard disk has died and I need to either reinstall from recovery disk or do a clean install to the new drive. Is it possible with the disks I have?
I installed a 1TB SSD in the secondary drive bay of this Dell 1747 laptop (W7 HP x64) planning to move my installation there in preparation for the W10 upgrade. Being cautious I wanted to preserve the W7 installation on the original 500GB HDD.
Long story short, I messed up the partition table to the point where neither Windows nor Spotmau Bootsuite can restore things (in my apparently...
Title says all is it possible if so please explain it to me
It is 64 bit capable
Hello, So today me and my brother built a new PC. We assembled it all worked and it posted, but then later I went to install the OS I went into the boot menu and selected my USB which had my Windows 7 Setup on. It started normally and said loading Windows files then said starting Windows, only a few seconds later it blue screened with the error 'PFN LIST CORRUPT' I looked it up and it said it...
Hi guys. I have an iso with many versions of Windows 7 both 32bit and 64bit. My laptop has windows 10 (gpt partition and UEFI mode) and I created a new partition for Windows 7 (dual boot with win 10).
I installed a trial version of an old Windows 7 iso changed in UEFI mode as described in this tutorial...
I have a similar thread started on the Windows 8 forum but no replies after two days. So here go's:
I will be receiving a new computer with Windows 8 installed. My old computer has Windows 7 Home premium installed and I will use this computer as a backup incase of problems with the new computer.
My questions are:
Will there be a possible problem if I try to restore my user files made with...
Had trouble upgrading to Win 10, so I reinstalled 7 - but now I can see the former install in the .old map so it couldn't have been a clean install. Can I use this .old map for reconstructing my former setup? I mean, it's all there and it would save me a lot of time and probably trouble.. ;-)
I got very strange situation with my Imac
So i installed new windows, and then i installed the boot camp drivers
Right after that my Imac crush and send me to windows restore/repair page
So first i try to restore, the results was un successful, and the its sent me to windows repair, so when i try to repair its say done and after restart i getting back to the same repair screen...