Articles on this Page
- 12/29/15--23:05: _Can I sell my Dell ...
- 12/30/15--12:34: _How to Create Windo...
- 12/30/15--14:23: _Windows 10 setup fa...
- 12/30/15--17:52: _Solved Can't boot f...
- 12/30/15--18:17: _Where to download W...
- 12/31/15--06:28: _Installation stuck ...
- 12/31/15--07:05: _Windows fails to bo...
- 12/31/15--12:22: _A Windows Re-instal...
- 12/31/15--20:44: _risk of ruining Win...
- 12/31/15--21:39: _How can I configure...
- 12/31/15--23:10: _Windows 8.1 Evaluat...
- 01/01/16--00:07: _Converting a UEFI m...
- 01/01/16--15:50: _A second install of...
- 01/02/16--07:27: _How to replace HD i...
- 01/02/16--07:37: _win 7 h prem - trou...
- 01/02/16--09:19: _Migrating to SSD, M...
- 01/02/16--10:19: _Extensa 2508, no ac...
- 01/02/16--11:47: _Simply cannot insta...
- 01/02/16--19:35: _Setup was unable to...
- 01/03/16--00:04: _robocopy cannot acc...
- 12/29/15--23:05: Can I sell my Dell XPS M1530 w/COA on eBay
- 12/30/15--12:34: How to Create Windows 7/8/10/2008/2012 All in One ISO
- 12/30/15--14:23: Windows 10 setup fail, now can't reinstall Windows 7
- 12/30/15--18:17: Where to download Windows 7?
- 12/31/15--06:28: Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..."
- 12/31/15--07:05: Windows fails to boot after incomplete update, new build
- 12/31/15--12:22: A Windows Re-install routine similar to XP.
- 12/31/15--20:44: risk of ruining Windows 7
- 12/31/15--21:39: How can I configure a UEFI motherboard for MBR instead of GPT?
- 12/31/15--23:10: Windows 8.1 Evaluation activation help!!
- 01/01/16--00:07: Converting a UEFI motherboard from GPT to MBR?
- 01/01/16--15:50: A second install of windows 7 - but lots of drivers needed!
- 01/02/16--07:27: How to replace HD in my 2009 Dell Insprion 1464 with an SSD
- 01/02/16--07:37: win 7 h prem - trouble with clean install on ssd
- 01/02/16--09:19: Migrating to SSD, MBR problem
- 01/02/16--10:19: Extensa 2508, no acces to boot manu, nothing work
- 01/02/16--11:47: Simply cannot install Windows 7 ! Help !
- 01/02/16--19:35: Setup was unable to create a new system Partition ...
- 01/03/16--00:04: robocopy cannot access "my music"
Would I be able to sell the above hardware and COA (product key) on eBay ? Could the product key work on another Dell laptop or another manufacturer laptops or is the key and activation restricted only to this XPS M1530 laptops ?
Is it possible to create all in one ISO for Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008/Server 2012 x86,x64.
I know I can use "Easy2Boot MultiBoot" for all my iso, but I want to create all in one of all my windows versions in one installation ISO.
Thanks in advance...
Note - I do NOT have a windows.old file to return my unsuccessful w10 setup to seven.
My problems started a couple of weeks ago when I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. My efforts were abandoned when the experts and I couldn't resolve issues (http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/34706-how-can-i-get-w7-back-no-windows-old-dir.html). Frustrated, but I decided to reinstall W7 from the...
I recently purchased a new internal Samsung SSD 850 EVO (my first SSD ever!) and another internal Hitachi 1TB as a backup drive for my ASUS N73SV laptop.
The HDD's are recognized by the latop and are all showing, my issue is I can't get the laptop to boot from CD so I can install Windows. I've tried all the options and have some knowledge with computers but I'm no expert.
I purchased a new laptop running Windows 10. I want to wipe my old HP and do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't want to reinstall using HP's disc if I can avoid it. Prefer a clean and light running PC since this will really only be for miscellaneous use.
Anyway, I thought I could download a copy of 7, burn to a bootable USB and install, entering my C of A when prompted. But...
Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower. Using known good Windows 7 volume USB which I have used a dozen+ times with no issues.
I get stuck at "Windows is loading files..." as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an hour or so.
Linux mint live USB boots just fine.
Using Windows 7 OEM usb (not legal on that rig,...
My new build is failing to boot after installing AMD Catalyst and other graphics drivers.
Here is what I am doing step by step followed by my build:
1. Install Windows 7 Professional
2. Use my MB setup cd to install the network adapter (A88XM-PLUS/CSM by ASUS)
3. Try to use Windows Update to fix any possible errors, it fails to search at all and keeps searching for an intolerable...
I'm going to ask this another way than I have before.
Is there a repair installation for Win7 similar to what needs to be done to _re-install_ the operating system.
Whenever I had to do this in XP I had to have a printed sheet in front of me saying what to press next-- it was that confusing. Example: In XP to reininstall, you don't select Repair (Win7 never says it can or does repair...
I had to reinstall Windows 7 because I wanted to put it inside Ubuntu and VirtualBox. Since it's 2015 and the installation media is a few years old, there were 137 updates to be applied upon a shutdown. It's been stuck on update #136 for a few hours. Is this normal? What will the consequences be if I force a shutdown by killing VirtualBox?
The Windows screen says "do not power off or unplug...
My new upgrade box (with no OS) has a EUFI motherboard.
I just did a test install of W7 (on an old HDD) and it ended up with GPT partitioning.
I don't want that, I want MBR. (And if you don't mind, I don't want to get into a discussion about WHY I want to do this. Thank you).
Does anyone know (and can explain in words of no more than two syllables to this old girl) which settings in...
How to activate win 8.1 enterprise 90 days eval....upgraded it from win 7 since der was some issues wid hdd partitioning due to which i was unable to format n install....managed to remove the eval key.,the keys on google shows der not for this edition, kms didn't work either...ny help ?!?
Would I have to disable Secure Boot as well?
I've run out of space on an old small SSD, and have decided a clean start is probably the best way to go in setting up Windows 7 64 bit on my shiny new bigger SSD.
I plugged in the new drive, successfully installed Windows 7, and can boot to it. Great start!
Thing is though, it's installed with a bunch of generic drivers for things like the display, (which came up in 800x600! No...
I can do the hardware installation just fine, it's the software I'm concerned about. (I am finding a couple of Dell CDs labeled Drivers & Utilities. I also come across an old CD I made and I wrote Repair Disc Windows 7 64 bit, but I don't know which of my computers it is associated with.)
Is there a way I can clone the old hard drive and transfer it all over? Any links to a procedure?
Ok Windows 7 home premium.
Have my legit code off my box.
I also have a Windows 7 iso.
And my win 7 repair disk.
My old hdd bricked. And I got a shiney new ssd for Christmas.
Problem. Iso dvd won't boot.
Repair dvd does. I partitioned and formatted the ssd.
when I load the dvd. Setup.exe prompts...
" the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present"
I'm trying to migrate my Win7 OS to a SSD. I've used easeus partition manager to copy my partition. It just created one partition on the SSD though. Later, I got it to copy the boot partition from the original C: drive, and I used mbrfix to try and fix the MBR. That hasn't worked.
I have two partitions on the SSD. I'm pretty sure I have a valid OS, but I don't have a functional boot...
Hi, i have acer extensa 2508, with windows 10
I try to reset to factory setting but now i have only a black screen (litle white)
i try F2, F12, DEL, F8, Esc and more more other things but, the laptop do not respons in any way.
boot manu doesn't show at all. only thing working is power on and off nothing else.
I hope some one can help me with it, thanks a lot.
I've read through some excellent posts on this forum with hope to install windows 7 but keep getting error message 'Unable to install to partition 0.... etc'
The hardrive is the original one that came with the laptop and all the data thankfully has been kept on an external drive. I just want to install a clean copy of Windows 7 on the original drive.
The hard drive has been...
Hello. First thing - sorry for creating this thread, I know this problem have been solved million times before, but I tried most of tutorials here, and it just doesn't work...
I wanted to install untouched version of Windows 7 SP1 x64, so I formatted my HDD. First problem was that disk was GPT type, but that was easy to change. But I still constantly receive message "Setup was unable to create...
There's a hidden file called "my music" in the documents directory, which bizzarely can be navigated to via "my documents" or "documents" depending upon the situation.
I need to make robocopy work on the c:\users\jack\Documents directory. Robocopy cannot get past the hidden "my music" shortcut because "access is denied". Please tell me if that shortcut is a junction. I cannot check it myself...