Articles on this Page
- 01/18/16--23:43: _cant install windows 7
- 01/19/16--08:09: _Two Drives, two Win...
- 01/19/16--16:11: _Lost on Windows 7 I...
- 01/20/16--15:49: _New Windows 7 Insta...
- 01/21/16--04:18: _How to reformat wit...
- 01/22/16--06:04: _Windows 7 Answer Fi...
- 01/23/16--00:01: _How can I install w...
- 01/23/16--00:11: _Can I install a use...
- 01/23/16--07:28: _Trying to install W...
- 01/23/16--08:11: _Windows 7 UEFI inst...
- 01/23/16--15:55: _Configuring a Win 7...
- 01/23/16--16:35: _Solved Samsung 950P...
- 01/23/16--22:49: _write "chkdsk" outp...
- 01/24/16--07:37: _Windows 7 HP/SP 1 -...
- 01/24/16--13:10: _What are the proble...
- 01/25/16--22:16: _How to see from com...
- 01/26/16--03:26: _win7 to win10 weird...
- 01/26/16--10:36: _Solved Reinstalling...
- 01/26/16--13:31: _windows 7 installer...
- 01/26/16--20:16: _How can I switch th...
- 01/18/16--23:43: cant install windows 7
- 01/19/16--08:09: Two Drives, two Windows? Can it be done?
- 01/19/16--16:11: Lost on Windows 7 Install
- 01/20/16--15:49: New Windows 7 Install now I lost my dual boot menu
- 01/21/16--04:18: How to reformat without product key
- 01/22/16--06:04: Windows 7 Answer File Inconsistent 32bit vs 64bit
- 01/23/16--00:01: How can I install windows 7 on top of windows 8.1?
- 01/23/16--00:11: Can I install a used copy of windows 7 professional?
- 01/23/16--08:11: Windows 7 UEFI install motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1
- 01/23/16--15:55: Configuring a Win 7 Install for a system that will never use the web
- 01/23/16--16:35: Solved Samsung 950PRO Can't install Windows 7
- 01/23/16--22:49: write "chkdsk" output at boot time to logfile on other partition?
- 01/24/16--07:37: Windows 7 HP/SP 1 - corrupt system files
- 01/24/16--13:10: What are the problems in restoring and image to a new hdd and/or ssd
- 01/25/16--22:16: How to see from commandline (!!!) if hibernation is on or off?
- 01/26/16--03:26: win7 to win10 weird issue
- 01/26/16--10:36: Solved Reinstalling refurbish version windows on laptop
- 01/26/16--13:31: windows 7 installer doesn't detect hard drives
i want to reformat pc into windows 7 but whenever i try to boot my installation cd after pressing any key to continue then load files from the cd it just give me blank screen with nothing in it i tried to boot from my installation USB dirve but it just gave me black screen with blinking underbar, and after a few minute it will boot my current OS(Windows XP)
i already tried booting both CD and...
So I have my new system and I have Windows 10 on it. Specs are;
Mobo - Asus Z170 Maximus Hero VIII (latest BIOS)
SSD - In M.2 slot, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
SATA - 1TB Western Digital (for storage only)
I have my old system that has an SSD (Crucial) and it has Windows 7 on it. I went and read in here about transferring Windows 7 to another computer and I was wondering, can I have the SSD...
Computer noob here but I ordered a laptop from a laptop/PC building website without an OS to save money (poor student) as I planned on using Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro through DreamSpark but it's been causing problems with the laptop. My friend has a Windows 7 key so I'm trying to install Windows 7 now.
I'm trying to install Windows 7 via USB but I'm having some trouble. I've entered...
I just installed Windows 7 on a Brand New WD Blue 1TB drive. Install went great. However in this PC I also have an 80 Gig drive with Windows XP on it that I use for old games. The 1Tb replaced and old 250 Gb. When I had that 250 and 80 in I would get a window that should which OS was on each drive and I could pick one. With this new install I ahve lost that. When I try booting from the 80 gig...
I am running Windows 7 Professional 32bit, the ISO of which I got a few years ago from my university's MSDNAA program and still have it. I recently changed my motherboard and sound card and my windows is now asking for activation again. The problem is that this time I would like reformat the whole system as its become quite sluggish and buggy. I dont have the product key with me and...
I am having difficulty with my deployment images for 64 bit system as it does not appear to provide the answers correctly in a 64 bit environment but does work as I intend on 32 bit systems.
I am not using the full toolset from WAIK, in particular no WSIM tools are in play. I instead used a web resource to build an initial answer file and modified it until it behaved the way I was intending. I...
Basically what the title says.
If this is not possible, I will be happy to just clean install windows 7.
Can I install a used copy of windows 7 professional?
I have uninstalled windows 7 professional off of the previous computer I was using, if that may help.
I've been dealing with this for hours. I've looked all across the internet and I have yet to fix my issue.
MSI GT80 Titan Laptop
I just bought/installed two Samsung SSD 850 Evo M.2s
I already have a 1TB HHD with all my stuff and OS on it (windows 7)-Not Samsung
Followed these instructions perfectly in Video directly from MSI
I have new mobo Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1. I want to install Windows 7 Home in UEFI mode, but I'm still not successful.
Bios settings - SATA Mode Selection - Raid - 2 SSD disks set up in Intel RST as Raid 1
Newest Bios update from 7.1.2016
Launch CSM - Enabled
Device Control - UEFI and Legacy OPROM (UEFI only can be chosen as well, but without any changes)...
This may seem a backwards idea in this age of "ever connectivity", but I have an old computer that I plan to use for a jukebox to play music through a DAC and through my stereo system. That will be it's only goal in life. In other words, this computer has retired and wants to lead a life of leisure!
With that said, I wanted to tweak an install of Windows 7 that removes all unnecessary programs...
I have just purchased the new samsung 950 Pro 256gb NVMe SSD M2.
I can't install windows 7 onto it.
My System is Asrock Z97Extreme6, 32gb Ram i7 CPU.
The Firmware on the m/b has been upgraded to the latest version.
I have a Copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which has all the latest Updates Slipstreamed into it.
I've Tried 2 methods of install, one from usb flash drive and one from DVD.
On my 64bit Win 7 system I have two partitions:
C: (with the "core" Win7 system)
D: (with almost all other stuff)
When I start the following command:
chkdsk D: /F /V /R /X >C:\chkdskout.log
everything works fine.
Recently encountered a problem with my laptop (Win 7 HP/SP1) Mouse pointer not responding. Just for the heck of it I ran sfc /SCANNOW. It concluded with corrupt system files that could not be fixed. I would like to know if I can use an OEM Windows 7 Pro w/SP 1 disk to do a repair install on this system?
If possible, what if any programs will I need to reinstall after completing the repair...
I have multiple tib images of my Win 7 Pro 64 bit system. If I add a new hdd/sdd can I simply restore the tib image to the new drive using Acronis' 'system recovery' DVD
Would there be additional issues if I tried to set up a dual boot (2 separate drives) with Win 10 Pro 64 bit via the same method and what would those be ?
How can users check from commandline (!!!) if hibernation is currently on or off?
When I search through the Internet then thousands of articles describe how to turn it e.g. on e.g. by
powercfg -H on
But what if I just want to let Win just show the current state WITHOUT to change it?
Is there really no way of just checking it from command line (NOT by Control Panel)?
hello, i upgraded to win10pro from win7ultimate. After completion, i noticed that office2013 and foxitpdf applications did not launch after clicking on their shortcut or their exe in the respective folders. Neither did associated files open, ie clicking on an excel workbook file, failed to launch the application. Other applications, like an image viewer for example kept working fine.
Hello, I have a dell latitude d531 which I got refurbished and it has a windows 7 license with it.
According to the label it is a special license for refurbish computers, so when I tried to enter it on microsoft website to download a windows 7 ISO it didn't accepted it and prompted me to contact the manufacturer, because this license is special OEM or something like that.
So what I want to do...
trying to install windows 7 but when i come to choosing which drives to install on is says "windows doesn't detect any of drivers :confused:"
my laptop have dual hard disks
primary hard is "SSD" 250 GB ,secondary is "HDD" 2000 GB
bios detecting all of them. my OS now is win10 but im not happy with it so i want to back to win7.
bios options has AHSI only not IDE.
when i installed win10 it...
I apologize in advance for any misuse of technical terms; I don't have too much experience with the innards of hardware and operating systems.
So I recently bought a new, 1TB hard drive and using Clonezilla, cloned the contents of my original, smaller (160 GB) C: drive. This didn't go without hiccups (Clonezilla could be only booted in safe mode, and had to use the win7 recovery tool to boot...