Articles on this Page
- 01/17/18--17:28: _I'm trying an image...
- 01/19/18--10:34: _Slipstreaming Windo...
- 01/22/18--09:48: _How to reset dual b...
- 01/22/18--11:06: _Installing Windows ...
- 01/23/18--21:20: _Installing windows ...
- 01/24/18--23:43: _Factory Reset Issue.
- 01/28/18--05:03: _Installation errors...
- 01/28/18--12:55: _Can I combine two O...
- 01/28/18--19:46: _How to stop being a...
- 01/29/18--09:39: _Can OOBE maintain a...
- 01/30/18--11:51: _BIOS does not boot ...
- 02/01/18--09:35: _Trying To Do Clean ...
- 02/02/18--17:00: _Error During Inst...
- 02/04/18--02:32: _Which one of the tw...
- 02/04/18--14:12: _Can't find a thread...
- 02/04/18--14:23: _ACPI non-compliance
- 02/05/18--16:31: _Windows 7 Ultimate ...
- 02/06/18--01:29: _System user no long...
- 02/08/18--20:44: _Best Way To Reload/...
- 02/09/18--00:52: _how to safely forma...
- 01/17/18--17:28: I'm trying an image recovery to a dell inspiron n7110 with a new ssd
- 01/19/18--10:34: Slipstreaming Windows 7 with all the critical / important updates.
- 01/22/18--09:48: How to reset dual boot options?
- 01/22/18--11:06: Installing Windows 7 on a system that already has Windows 10
- 01/23/18--21:20: Installing windows 7 on windows 10 laptop stuck
- 01/24/18--23:43: Factory Reset Issue.
- 01/28/18--05:03: Installation errors on new HDD
- 01/28/18--19:46: How to stop being asked to choose between Start and Recovery
- 01/29/18--09:39: Can OOBE maintain activation?
- 01/30/18--11:51: BIOS does not boot from ODD or External Drive
- 02/01/18--09:35: Trying To Do Clean Install on Windows 7 Pro Laptop. No CD or DVD.
- 02/02/18--17:00: Error During Install on HP15 - 15-ab257tx
- 02/04/18--02:32: Which one of the two Windows 7 partitions should be active?
- 02/04/18--14:12: Can't find a thread I saw here about downloading Win7 updates!
- 02/04/18--14:23: ACPI non-compliance
- 02/05/18--16:31: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 VM Help
- 02/06/18--01:29: System user no longer has permissions to access C:\Windows
- 02/08/18--20:44: Best Way To Reload/Transfer W-7
- 02/09/18--00:52: how to safely format Windows 7 on C: and keep Windows 7 on D:?
I created a win 7 repair dvd and a system image to a seagate freeagent go external drive.
I then removed the keyboard and cover to access the hdd, removed wd 750gb hdd and replaced with an hp ssd m700 2.5 240 gb
the wd hdd had about 160gb used and the remainder free
i shrunk the volume on the seagate freeagent drive as much as recomended, but it's still slightly larger than the...
I have been looking into slipstreaming Windows 7 SP1 x64 with all the critical / important updates.
I have found quite a lot of information regarding this on the Internet with some easier to follow than others.
Does anyone please:
(1) Have the list of updates that are required to get a fresh instal of Windows 7 SP1 upto date?
(2) A good easy to follow guide with regard...
My PC dual boots between Win7/XP. The SSD on which the Win7 O/S was installed started to develop faults, so I replaced it. I have installed Windows 7 afresh on the new SSD and run Windows Update.
I still get a boot options screen, but it now shows three options - 'Earlier Version of Windows' and 'Windows 7' twice. I don't want to mess this up, but it needs to be 'cleaned up' so that it reads...
If I've got a win-10 system and I want to install win-7 from a bootable thumb drive, will the win-7 installation process correctly configure the (single) hard drive for dual-boot and preserve the existing win-10 setup? Would I have to create a new partition on the existing hard drive first to do this (and can that be done from win-10)?
(there doesn't seem to be a lot available on the...
Yesterday I got a laptop from a friend who wanted to have windows 7 instead of then on his laptop. I tried installing it, but every time I startup the laptop it gets stuck st the starting windows screen. I got the windows 7 disc from that friend too and it is probably not a bootable disc, because it doesnt ask to startup from the disc. Is there any way to get this fixed? If you need any specs...
I recently purchased a Dell Latitude 2120 that apparently was used by a school district, I purchased it at a Goodwill. I'm trying to do a factory reset and I've tried a million different ways from repeatedly pressing F8 to safe mode with command prompt. I have run out of ways that I know of, so if I could possibly get some help with bypassing the admin username and password prompt and just...
I have a PC - buit by myself into a Corsair case on an ASUS PX79PRO motherboard and until recently running two hard drives on Windows 10. The C drive was 120GB SSD with an 80 GB backup D drive and after numerous 'your disk space is running low' messages I decided to replace it with a new 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 111 device. I removed both other drives and performed a new install after...
How can I combine two drives, each with a differnt OS, into one bigger, dual OS bootable drive, keeping both OS +apps
I used clonezilla to move all contents of a 259GB OS windows 7 drive onto a new 1.8TB drive. I want to now move all contents of a second 250GB OS windows 10 drive (I have at other times used on the same computer) onto the 1.8TB drive. I want to ultimately have both OS...
How do I prevent Windows from asking me to choose between Starting Windows and running Recovery?,
I repair among other things laptops. Up till now, fault is repaired, full reinstall of OS from scratch, drivers, activate, test and pass the unit back to the store.
We have now been told we need to keep a restore partition on the drive- I have found OneKey which will do this without any issues.
The second criteria is the laptop before being handed back to the store or more...
I own a 2010 gunmetal black Sony Vaio E-Series laptop (VPCEB23FM)
Specs about this laptop can be found on my profile :)
and I have an issue with my BIOS.
Here's the story:
I used my Samsung 840 EVO SSD for 5 years since I bought it in 2014 and it ran perfectly well until during bootup, it took a very LONG time to reach my Desktop screen. I started getting worried due to the fact that I...
I want to do a clean install on my HP Elitebook 8460p laptop but do not have a CD or DVD.
Can someone direct me to the most efficient and uncomplicated way to do this?
I have tried several methods found on Google but none of them seemed to work.
One method told me the computer had a virus, even though I had run all the security tools beforehand and no viruses appeared then.
Thanks so much.
Got this laptop, had Win 10 on it and its becoming a nightmare to switch to Windows 7. Got an ISO old Win 7 ISO that worked but detected no USB drives at all. Then got another here with SP1 that wont even work.
Goes into Copying Windows Files, Then Expanding Then stays at 0% Error.
"Windows Cannot Install Required Files, Makes Sure all files required for installation are available, and...
There are two installations of Windows 7 on two different partitions of a computer. Which partition should be active?
Can anyone here direct me to the thread where someone mentioned where to download all the Win7 updates to date for integrating into an install disc?
I have been pulling my hair out for over 3 days... I am at my wits end! I have probably spend over 20 hours on this. I am tech savvy enough, but this has me beaten. And yes, I have read various sites,... superuser, stack-exchange, blogs, etc.
The problem: The BIOS in this system (laptop) is not fully ACPI compliant!
This happens when I run a Windows X64 installation...
I'm using Windows 10 Professional x64 but I am running a VM using Hyper-V for Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on my OS.
I cannot get the sound to recognize in the Windows 7 Ultimate x86 VM and I have heard something about using RDP to pass it through, but I was hoping someone here might be able to assist me with getting it working.
*_Full list of hardware specs:_*...
My PC (Asus P8Z77-M PRO with Intel i-7 3770, 32GB RAM, 2TB system drive with 3 x 3TB hard drives) started up this morning and was working fine. I left it unattended for a few minutes but when I returned to it, it was very "slow" - basically would not load programs, etc, but the cursor moved and I could switch windows, but little else.
I had to use the power button to reboot into safe mode...
New kid on the block here. I have an HP dc7900 running W-7 home and have my own W-7 Home 64bit disk. I'm upgrading to a HP dc8300 i5 with W-10. These usdt's have one hd that is 500gb. I have an 80 gb drive attached by usb that is my back up. I would like to load W-7 onto that one and put the 500gb in the usb holder and plug that into the the newer dc8300. Then I can go through get all the files...
Do you know how to safely do the following task?
formatting Windows 7 on partition C: to completely empty it, without making boot problem for Windows 7 on D:.