Articles on this Page
- 03/03/18--15:36: _Win7 machine - How ...
- 03/04/18--13:23: _DISM Error: 0xc1420...
- 03/03/18--15:36: _Win7 machine - How ...
- 03/06/18--15:29: _Solved Help Trying ...
- 03/07/18--01:22: _Windows 7 or 10 on ...
- 03/07/18--12:46: _force windows7 to i...
- 03/08/18--06:45: _Windows 7 unattende...
- 03/08/18--09:24: _Upgrade from Home t...
- 03/08/18--10:08: _windows 7 clean ins...
- 03/08/18--11:03: _Clean install of Wi...
- 03/10/18--11:50: _HOW to reduce win7 ...
- 03/10/18--15:57: _Clean Reinstall Win...
- 03/12/18--10:01: _How partitioning on...
- 03/12/18--18:42: _How to re-instate w...
- 03/13/18--12:50: _Windows 7 Pro Downl...
- 03/13/18--15:05: _Any progress in Win...
- 03/15/18--03:54: _Win 7 / XP dual boot
- 03/15/18--12:31: _"BOOTMGR is missing"
- 03/16/18--12:22: _How to Split window...
- 03/17/18--11:54: _Can't do repair ins...
- 03/03/18--15:36: Win7 machine - How can I dual booth with WinXP?
- 03/04/18--13:23: DISM Error: 0xc1420117 when trying to unmount and commit.
- 03/03/18--15:36: Win7 machine - How can I dual boot with WinXP?
- 03/06/18--15:29: Solved Help Trying To Install Windows 7 - New Computer
- 03/07/18--01:22: Windows 7 or 10 on a new Intel CPU
- 03/08/18--06:45: Windows 7 unattended/silent installation EULA problem
- 03/08/18--09:24: Upgrade from Home to Ultimate
- 03/08/18--10:08: windows 7 clean install but unable to get updates
- 03/08/18--11:03: Clean install of Windows 7 x64 on Sony Vaio 71211m VPCEB3F4E
- 03/10/18--11:50: HOW to reduce win7 installation size (Winsxs etc.) using Dism?
- 03/10/18--15:57: Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop?
- 03/12/18--10:01: How partitioning one SSD HDD for 3 Windows in one multiboot system?
- 03/12/18--18:42: How to re-instate windows 7 and remove Linux
- 03/13/18--12:50: Windows 7 Pro Download and Install
- 03/13/18--15:05: Any progress in Windows versions for doing a repair install like XP
- 03/15/18--03:54: Win 7 / XP dual boot
- 03/15/18--12:31: "BOOTMGR is missing"
- 03/16/18--12:22: How to Split windows on two disks
- 03/17/18--11:54: Can't do repair installation of Win7 Pro
I understand (Ithink) that if you have an WinXP machine and
then installWin7, it will optionally setup a dual boot with
the old WinXP.
But I have a Win7machine and want to dual boot using the old
WinXP HD from myold computer. I have read an article
saying it ispossible using something like EasyBCD? I've downloaded
the last freewareversion but I'm not clear about what to do next.
I have successfully integrated updates into the *install.wim*.
I then used the command:
*Dism /Unmount-WIM /MountDir:C:\Win7ISO\OFFLine /Commit*
It says: *Error: 0xc1420117*
The directory could not be completely unmounted.
I understand (I think) that if you have an WinXP machine and then install Win7, it will optionally setup a dual boot with the old WinXP.
But I have a Win7 machine and want to dual boot using the old WinXP HD from my old computer. I have read an article saying it is possible using something like EasyBCD? I've downloaded the last freeware version but I'm not clear about what to do next.
I purchased a newer computer that came with W8 that was upgraded to W10. I'd like to add the 500 GB drive from the old one and put a fresh copy of W-7 on it. I have W10 looking more like 7 but have legacy programs I'd like to keep using. First I tried removing the W10 drive and loading W7 but it said something about mbr and gpt. I d-loaded partition guru and changed it I guess. The old windows...
Building a computer for my racing simulator.
I'm using this CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series). It's not the "K" unlocked one.
I was looking at a different CPU before and it said Windows 10 only, cant find such info on the one I bought. It doesn't say anything so can I assume it's compatible with 7? It's a 8th gen CPU if that makes a...
question's in the title
when installing win7 on a new physical drive, on a pc with other physical drives (and windows on one of those other physical drives) win7 always modifies the existing windows installation (and its boot files) and creates a menu pointing to the new win7 install
booting directly from the new drive is useless (even with win7 partition set to active, correct MBR & PBR)...
I am a Cisco CCNA and networking is my thing.
However, I am often asked to provide Desktop Support for one of our Bluechip clients.
I have decided to study for the MCTS 70-680 Exam.
I'm very familiar with Windows 7 CD/USB installations, but I obviously need to be able to perform silent/unattended installations for the exam.
I want to go on to be able to do fully unattended installations via...
My current installation needs repairs and I don't have a install disk nor do I have a valid key.
If I buy an Ultimate install disk or key online can I upgrade using anytime upgrade, and will this repair any problems with my current installation?
Got a new SSD drive and I wanted a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate, as I have 3 other hard drives on this computer I disconnected all the other drives before installing win 7 on the new SSD drive, but after the install finished I wasn't able to run windows update, the error said unable the get updates as the service is not running. So after searching fixes, I tried the stop updater, then...
I have got a Sony Vaio 71211m VPCEB3F4E, it came with no hard drive or recovery discs.
So installed a new hard drive and have tried to install windows 7 x64 (also tried Windows 10) by USB and DVD both fail when it comes to actually installing the OS on the hard drive.
The laptop bios is very restricted and there's not much options, see attached pics
The bios is R1140YB, EC version...
question's in the title
whether it's an online or a mounted image, how do I use dism to reduce size of win7? (say by removing backup files of all installed updates, rollups, even sp1 itself I've read that these are in the dreaded Winsxs folder)
so far couldn't find any working way to do it (many false instructions on the web they don't work)
Hey all. We have an old laptop thats a dell inspiron e1405. It uses windows 7 ultimate. There was a password on the computer that we didn't know what it was but i saw a video on youtube on how to get through this process which took a while.
So this laptop has the old documents from a while back. Also the laptop is pretty slow since well this laptop is a very old laptop.
I need have in one SSD 500 GB HDD 3 standalone Windows installations (as multiboot) - for EOBD car diagnostic purposes. One OBD require 32 bit czech Window, one need 64 bit and one will be for normal work...
I have this questions:
1. Is good idea use Partition Manager program BEFORE installation FIRST OS ?
2. How do I need partitioning hardisk (which type of partition and...
I'm hoping to re-install/recover windows 7 on my laptop and hopefully install windows 10 afterwards. There's a chance windows 7 may have been removed during Linux installation as I've tried pressing F4 during startup but no recovery options. Samsung RV711
Should Ubuntu be removed first before attempting to restore windows 7? How do I delete/remove Linux from my windows 7 laptop? I've...
Good afternoon everyone,
I have a Probook 6470b that has Win10 Pro. I want to download Win7 Pro from Softane.com. Has anyone ever heard of them? They are selling the OS for $39.99. Also, How can i download the OS and delete 10 Pro? Thank you in advance for any help I receive.
I may have asked this a different way over the years. During that time there have been new Windows versions. I know skilled video editors that still use XP because that's where their tools are.
But I've moved to Win7 for x64 program specialties.
That aside, in my years of using Win7 there is no repair option for the operating system
where a read from the system disk simply reinstalls...
I used to have two OS installations on my old PC - Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
I wanted to install Win XP Pro 32-bit due to needing to run some older software. So I installed XP and used EasyBCD under XP to get back my access to the normal Windows Boot Manager and be able to boot into Win 7.
These installations are all on the same hard drive (obviously in different...
I bought a second Compaq CQ57-339 with a wiped hard drive. I bought the original operating system and installed (?) it on the computer, but all the computer screen will say is "BOOTMGR is missing". Can anyone help me?
Can I copy the BOOTMGR from my other Compaq CQ57 and install it on the second computer?
Is there a website where I can get the BOOTMGR?
Thank you for any help.
I had a major failure on my system and had to do a new install of windows.
My choice of Install is Win7 ult.
I'll skip all the whys and just put the how to split window with out breaking it.
You will need a few free programs to do this.
Macrium Reflect,Easy BCD, and Junction.
My system is comprised of 3 drives,
250 gig (25 gig boot/recovery, 207/8 gig for system)
I've got a Win7PRO Acer pc with an "ASUS UEFI BIOS number B85M-E BIOS VERSION 3505" that was upgraded last year with a new MotherBoard.
I'm trying to do a repair install of Wn7PRO (because Task Scheduler stopped working and I've tried for days doing various online advice's to no avail) but I keep getting this message after I click to do the repair installation:
"This version of...